What's new

Recovery partition/image recovery

MiyamotoMusashi

Hello everyone.
I got a SPro3 with 8.1. I wanted to upgrade to Windows 10 and so I did, from within the system.
Then I managed to save a system image using Acronis True Image, successfully. But then comes the issue.
After the image I've made some modifications such as creating a new user and (maybe) changing the theme, but in any case nothing important. The problem is that when I try to recover the image of Windows 10 made right after the upgrade, the system is unstable.
For example, the user keeps being there and active (it shouldn't, it's post-image). And the test folders and files that I've written on C: are still there. But then, they suddenly become inaccessible, as they were mere previews.
Then I try to restore not only the C: partition with Acronis, but also the Recovery Partition and then all goes well and the system becomes stable.
I'd like to know something more about the logic of Surface Pro3/Windows 10 and the use of that partition. how could it be that the user's data and system data is written on the Recovery Partition? Is really like this?

Thank you very much!