What's new

Recovery Usb

llSandyll

I made a recovery USB for my Surface Pro 2 and it has 5.47 GB but my recovery partition has 5.66 GB. Everywhere I read it says that the recovery partition has more than 7 GB. Is everything ok or my recovery partition is incomplete?

TPadden

I made a recovery USB for my Surface Pro 2 and it has 5.47 GB but my recovery partition has 5.66 GB. Everywhere I read it says that the recovery partition has more than 7 GB. Is everything ok or my recovery partition is incomplete?

I realize this is an old thread but my experience with recovery/ refresh had me pulling my hair out. Working with Microsoft support was time consuming but fruitful in that they are sending me a USB recovery; I thought I'd post in case there are any other early adapters with the same problem.

I've been thinking about why I've never been able to use Windows recovery, refresh, or even make a USB Recovery drive with my SP2 and think I know the reason. I pre-ordered my SP2 so was one of the first one's to receive it. It probably was one of the few that shipped with Window's 8 and almost immediately (within days) was upgraded to 8.1 through the Microsoft store. I think that the recovery partition was Windows 8 and the OS 8.1 with no way to use any of the recovery tools.

After hours of troubleshooting Microsoft Support is sending me a USB with 8.1 recovery :).