What's new

Red Type Cover Showing Backordered?

SaddleSC

Hi guys (and gals)
I placed my preorder for an i5/128GB and a Red Type Cover on 6.6. when I check the order status online it shows that the SP3 is "in process" but the Red Type Cover is "backordered." to confuse the issue even more, both items say "ships by June 20th."

Is anyone else seeing the same thing?
If the red cover is really delayed, will they still ship the tablet on time or will they hold the SP3 until the red cover is in stock? I don't really care about having the cover asap, but I definitely want the tablet asap.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Jvette

The online store still shows it as shipping before June 20th and if you go on to order it there is nothing saying back ordered.

OP
S

SaddleSC

The online store still shows it as shipping before June 20th and if you go on to order it there is nothing saying back ordered.

When you go to the site and check "Order History/Tracking" this is what shows up...as you can see, it clearly says "Backordered"

Jvette

did it change to that after you ordered it? For a software and computer company I really think their web site pretty well sucks.

OP
S

SaddleSC

did it change to that after you ordered it? For a software and computer company I really think their web site pretty well sucks.

I agree with you! It actually has looked exactly the same since the day ordered it. On another forum, a guy was saying that his order showed the same thing, so I posted the question here to see whether it was an issue affecting all of us who ordered the red type cover or if it was an isolated incident that is just showing up on a small subset of buyers.

Cupcakes

It's showing up for me like that too. I know for a fact it wasn't backordered when I preordered like WOAH, a couple weeks ago or so. I agree their website sucks for a computer hardware and software company.

If it is backordered for purchase right now, it shouldn't show up as backordered for us who pre-ordered it before it was.

CrippsCorner

It does man, it really does... when I was sending my Surface off for replacement it was a bloody nightmare! Although the actual process worked well, their website is horrible.

chilipalm

I preordered mine on May 21st, the first day available for preorders and get the same backordered status. Did they only make like 10 of these in this color?

LazyEvul

I called support just about 10 minutes ago to change my Type Cover order from Cyan to Red, and it's currently showing up as "In Process" on the website. I'd hope this means the status has changed for people who've ordered earlier as well.