What's new

Reduce time for closing apps

Dahnark

Hey guys, I have advised that the time for closing apps is really large. Not confortable. I tried changing some values on register but I get nothing. Do you know how reduce the time from I take the it and till app flip and close? Thanks in advance

oion

That is no longer true in 8.1.

Yes, and to clarify: In Windows 8.1 including RT, merely swiping down leaves apps in a "sleep" state, but they're not actually completely closed. Windows users are used to simply closing any application, while iOS/Android users are not (you'd have to go to the apps list in either of those OSes to actually stop a running app).

To properly close an app in 8.1, you must swipe down and hold for about 3 seconds until the tile icon flips around. Or you can use alt-F4 on the keyboard, which is faster, but currently I know of no method to make the flippy-time faster.

I wish MS would make it an option, really.

Pepper

Option? Why give users an option, when you can just change how it works and not tell anybody. /sarcasm

CrippsCorner

Yup I'm the kinda guy that shuts down all the apps at the end of the night... this has gone from taking a few seconds to nearly a minute. It's a silly, backwards step.

fraser_ian

I just tried this. You're wrong. I see what you mean about the flipping round thing but if you just drag top to bottom they are not retrievable from the left hand side gesture, both ways kills them. If you exit an 'app' by simply pressing the windows button then the app still runs. Am I wrong?

oion

I just tried this. You're wrong. I see what you mean about the flipping round thing but if you just drag top to bottom they are not retrievable from the left hand side gesture, both ways kills them. If you exit an 'app' by simply pressing the windows button then the app still runs. Am I wrong?

You're wrong.

Do the simple drag-down to make the app disappear from the apps list, then go to the Task Manager and see if the apps are still "running." They are.

Omni

Oion is right it wont be available in the app switching but will still be running in Task Manager. Ive not looked but I bet theres a registry setting you could change to get the time to say 1 second.