What's new

Reinstalling in English Language

nevertellthomas

My Surface Pro is bought in Sweden. I was told that if I download the reinstall/recovery file (can't remember the name but followed the online instructions) I could reinstall everything in English. Unfortunately when I went through the steps at the beginning (after restarting with the files on USB drive) there were only 4 Scandinavian languages to choose from. How do I reinstall in English, or simply just change the language? Also couldn't change it from the control panel.

Thanks

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
I can just open the region and language settings in control panel, and click add language and it gives me a list of a bazillion languages to change to.

ptrkhh

You can also use the WIMBoot image that has English language (download link below). But the method explained by hughlle above is definitely easier.

OP
N

nevertellthomas

I can just open the region and language settings in control panel, and click add language and it gives me a list of a bazillion languages to change to.

I have tried this several times and restarted it, or logged in and logged out and it still loads up in Swedish. For example the 'Control Panel' is 'Kontrollpanelen'.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Did you make sure to click on options once you've added the new language and make sure it then downloads the language pack?

Like this.

OP
N

nevertellthomas

Yeah I just did it! Not easy trying to figure out the Swedish. The problem was that the internet kept dropping out without me realising and there was no option that I could find to download. It's all in English now!