What's new

Remix OS Player on SP6/Win10?

Is anyone successfully running Remix OS Player (Android emulator) on their SP6 running Win10 (build 1809)? It successfully installs and will run, but it will not display the UI. I just get a black window. It runs really well on my Dell Win10 (build 1809) laptop, so I was expecting it to work the same on my SP6 as well. Anyone have any ideas as to why it does not? Thanks in advance.

OP
L

leerandall

The laptop is using the Intel HD Integrated Graphics 4000, and my SP6 is using Intel UHD Graphics 620. I'm inclined to not attempt to use a video driver for a different chipset on my SP6. Thanks anyway for the suggestion.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
The laptop is using the Intel HD Integrated Graphics 4000, and my SP6 is using Intel UHD Graphics 620. I'm inclined to not attempt to use a video driver for a different chipset on my SP6. Thanks anyway for the suggestion.
Intel has other/newer drivers than the one Microsoft pushes out via Windows Update.

OP
L

leerandall

I downloaded the latest Intel UHD Graphics 620 driver, 25.20.100.6577, from Intel's web site and tried to install it, but it tells me "The driver being installed is not validated for this computer. Please obtain the appropriate driver from the computer manufacturer. Setup will exit."