What's new

Remote Control Your Surface RT

ArnoldC

... using a really, really old technology

Untitled_zpsaa77b0bf.png

I believe this has been available during XP days, and it's still here today. Here I am from my Acer S3 running Windows 8 Enterprise, and remoting to my Surface RT.

If this has been discussed, posted before, please merge or delete.

J515OP

Super Moderator
I don't think anybody has discussed remoting into the RT, only the other way. Nice to know it can be done. That is a question frequently asked about Android tablets which have no obvious solution to allow it. So chalk up another feature on the Surface not readily available on the competitors.

uh60james

That's pretty neat, it seems nobody thinks about remoting into a mobile device. I'm sure this will be useful for some.

Sin

Definitely useful from a support point of view. I have had to sort through iPad issues with my parents over the phone, since they were traveling and were having difficulties. Would have been significantly easier to sort out if I could have had remote access to the device. I can see this being a huge benefit to corporate IT.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Definitely useful from a support point of view. I have had to sort through iPad issues with my parents over the phone, since they were traveling and were having difficulties. Would have been significantly easier to sort out if I could have had remote access to the device. I can see this being a huge benefit to corporate IT.

I call shenanigans, nobody ever has trouble with iPads. They are intuitive and just work.

;)

stlbud

I don't have any trouble with my iPad. [video=youtube_share;TtXWWRyJLPw]http://youtu.be/TtXWWRyJLPw[/video] :big smile:

ut1205

I've tried to use Remote Assistant to access my laptop from the tablet but can't get it to work, however, the "TeamViewer" app works great to access my laptop from the tablet. I would like to be able to access my Desktop from the tablet but the Desktop will not install "TeamViewer 8" and the "TeamViewer" app requires that version.

Sin

I call shenanigans, nobody ever has trouble with iPads. They are intuitive and just work.

;)
My Apple friends always tell that same thing. My Dad knows enough to be very dangerous and my Mom just wants things to work and if it doesn't or the issue was caused by my Dad, they call me. The issue with my Mom's iPad was hardware and I wouldn't have been able to fix. It eventually completely gave up and would no longer charge. Apple did just replace it since it was defective.