What's new

Remote Desktop App

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
The Use Name should be HostName\HostUser where HostName is the name of RDP Target and HostUser being a local Account that you given RDP Permissions to and then the password of said user. Since your target is Windows 8 it should be the same Microsoft Account as your RT.

Lolvo

The Use Name should be HostName\HostUser where HostName is the name of RDP Target and HostUser being a local Account that you given RDP Permissions to and then the password of said user. Since your target is Windows 8 it should be the same Microsoft Account as your RT.

Success! With that, I got it to work. I am, however, using my Microsoft account. Unfortunately, running remote desktop is terribly slow and laggy...almost not worth it.

Glad I got it working though; thanks for all your help, Jeff.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Hmmm..lagging on the internal or external network or both? Bandwidth is the biggest issue and I noticed that your Router is 802.11G variant. Can you plug the host into one of the Ethernet ports?

puma

Jnjroach, question about the remote desktop modern app. Any way to make it work to connect to machines over a vpn? Right now it seems like the mx apps do not see locations across a VPN, I have to use the full rdp app in desktop mode.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I use VPN to connect to my work systems all the time, but I need to use the IP Address rather than the Host Name.

bulls96

Calling for help again...

SO after 8.1 update etc, I am now getting this error.

"Your PC cant connect to the remote PC because a security package error occurred in the transport layer. Retry the connection or contact your netweork administrator for assistance"

HELP! thanks again.
Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express Pro

Talontsi90

Been reading through some of these threads, trying to get RDC set up for myself. I have an inherent flaw though - no router. My home's connection comes straight from a Comcast Xfinity modem, and is not relayed though any router. All our home devices connect directly to the main hub.

I've no idea where to go from here, I can't access the administrative page for the modem via IP. Will I need to relay the connection to a wireless router and then set up RDC?

If you have all your machines plugged into it, its a modem/router, unless they all connect wirelessly. You can still use a router off of that and configure the 'internal' or 'slave' router to forward your ports. Just plug the router into the modem unit and everything else into that.

Calling for help again...

SO after 8.1 update etc, I am now getting this error.

"Your PC cant connect to the remote PC because a security package error occurred in the transport layer. Retry the connection or contact your netweork administrator for assistance"

HELP! thanks again.
Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express Pro

Mine works fine? How and where are you trying to connect?

Talontsi90

Jnjroach, question about the remote desktop modern app. Any way to make it work to connect to machines over a vpn? Right now it seems like the mx apps do not see locations across a VPN, I have to use the full rdp app in desktop mode.

I prefer the full version over the modern one.

bulls96

If you have all your machines plugged into it, its a modem/router, unless they all connect wirelessly. You can still use a router off of that and configure the 'internal' or 'slave' router to forward your ports. Just plug the router into the modem unit and everything else into that.

Mine works fine? How and where are you trying to connect?

I have a surface rt trying to connect to an hp touchsmart desktop running win 8.1 pro.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Is your RT updated as well to RT/8.1? This error usually deals with Certificate or Kerberos Errors, is the HP joined to a Domain?

Talontsi90

It doesnt need to be joined to a domain, but it does need to be in the same workgroup AND have incoming RDP requests turned on. Not the same as Remote Assistance Requests.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
It doesnt need to be joined to a domain, but it does need to be in the same workgroup AND have incoming RDP requests turned on. Not the same as Remote Assistance Requests.

That I know.... I'm attempting to diagnose the error, I was checking to see if it was a Kerberos Error, hence the question about the domain join.