What's new

Remote Desktop App

bulls96

It doesnt need to be joined to a domain, but it does need to be in the same workgroup AND have incoming RDP requests turned on. Not the same as Remote Assistance Requests.

How do I turn that back on?
Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express Pro

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
When you get the error are you on the same network or are you attempting to connect from outside with your router forwarding the request?

bulls96

When you get the error are you on the same network or are you attempting to connect from outside with your router forwarding the request?

I was trying to connect from the outside.
Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express Pro

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Sounds like a router issue then....have you changed ports? Does RDP work when you are on the same Subnet?

bulls96

It would not too when I'm at home. Although I am not sure how to connect to it properly if its in the same network.

Here is my router settings:

I really appreciate your help! Capture.JPG

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
From the inside you would connect to the address 172.16.0.9

From the outside you need to connect via the public IP address that you Modem is getting from the ISP, typically listed on the Connection Status Page of your Netgear Router.

bulls96

When u connect from the same network like u mentioned it still won't work.

Here's the error message

Attachments

• WP_20131217_005.jpg
    WP_20131217_005.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 511

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
On the Remote Desktop App, swipe from the right and select settings....Connection Settings and make sure you have no address/name in the Remote Desktop Gateway

Screenshot (5).png

bulls96

From the inside you would connect to the address 172.16.0.9

From the outside you need to connect via the public IP address that you Modem is getting from the ISP, typically listed on the Connection Status Page of your Netgear Router.

I was able to connect from the same network but still unable to do so from the outside