What's new

Remove finger scrolling threshold?

cb_jimmy

Is there a way to remove the threshold that you have to drag your finger to a certain distant before the os registers your finger as scrolling and move the screen? You can test this by touching your screen and start moving very slowly. The screen won't scroll unless you move your finger to some distance. I want the screen to response the instant I touch it and sometime I just want to do micro scrolling.

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Interesting question.
Did you try "Enhance pointer precision" in Control Panel?

Screenshot (265).png

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
I know 'scrolling' will be by whole lines, not fractions of lines. Dragging/repositioning/sizing windows is different. But scrolling is in the context of text size. If you had smaller text, scrolling should be in smaller pixel increments.

OP
C

cb_jimmy

No, I mean scrolling when you touch the screen with your finger. I notice this on my android phone as well but the threshold is much smaller so it feel more responsive to me.

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Would be a useful enhancement suggestion for Microsoft Windows 10, especially for art and engineering graphics.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
So what do you figure it's maybe millimeter before it moves? After which finger roll move it in small amounts ... to small to measure without the aid of some precision tools. Are we using the same device, I have a Surface 2 and a SP3 both of which behave for me as I described.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Off topic: as a side note I'd just mention that if you were working on a Remote Desktop/VDI scenario scrolling is the absolute worst possible thing you can do from a UI navigational performance perspective.

OP
C

cb_jimmy

I think I have to move my finger about half of a centimeter for the screen to move. The touch feedback indicates that the OS recognize my touch movement but refuse to move the screen until I break the threshold. My sp3 is bought in Japan.