What's new

Replacement device response times

genenz

I'm curious to find out how long did it take you to get a replacement device for your faulty Surface Pro 3? I have the i7/256GB model.

I'm based out of Hong Kong and opened up a support case for a faulty SP3 since it refused to turn on. I opened it on 11 Sept for a replacement device. Called up and was told I will get it in 4 working days. 4 working days passed and called up again as the device hadn't arrived and said they would escalate to their escalation team who will respond in 3 business days. No response after 3 business days, so I call up again and they say they'll get back to me in 1 day.

Finally they respond, saying they'll look into the case which will take another 2-3 business days. After 3 business days they say they can't find the device and are sending me a new one. Three days later, they respond saying that their service center has stock shortages and they don't know when they'll get me the replacement device.

It's been 3 weeks and 2 days since I opened the case. I've written several pretty annoyed emails to them and all they say is: "I understand your frustrations". I've asked for compensation and they say: "we'll look into compensation options after the case is closed".

This is getting plainly ridiculous. Dell has a turnaround time of next business day. So do all the other major manufacturers. Microsoft is trying to sell a premium device will sub-standard support in Asia.

Based on my experience, there is no way I'll recommend this device to friends, family or clients based on the support. The device is great, but support is limited here in Asia.

There is no Microsoft Signature here in Asia either.

malberttoo

I'm curious to find out how long did it take you to get a replacement device for your faulty Surface Pro 3? I have the i7/256GB model.

I'm based out of Hong Kong and opened up a support case for a faulty SP3 since it refused to turn on. I opened it on 11 Sept for a replacement device. Called up and was told I will get it in 4 working days. 4 working days passed and called up again as the device hadn't arrived and said they would escalate to their escalation team who will respond in 3 business days. No response after 3 business days, so I call up again and they say they'll get back to me in 1 day.

Finally they respond, saying they'll look into the case which will take another 2-3 business days. After 3 business days they say they can't find the device and are sending me a new one. Three days later, they respond saying that their service center has stock shortages and they don't know when they'll get me the replacement device.

It's been 3 weeks and 2 days since I opened the case. I've written several pretty annoyed emails to them and all they say is: "I understand your frustrations". I've asked for compensation and they say: "we'll look into compensation options after the case is closed".

This is getting plainly ridiculous. Dell has a turnaround time of next business day. So do all the other major manufacturers. Microsoft is trying to sell a premium device will sub-standard support in Asia.

Based on my experience, there is no way I'll recommend this device to friends, family or clients based on the support. The device is great, but support is limited here in Asia.

There is no Microsoft Signature here in Asia either.

Sorry to hear about your trouble.

Most folks here get their SP3's back within a week's time. Yours is the first case I've heard of with this kind of waiting involved.