What's new

Replacement stylus SP4

Tigergrrrl

I've misplaced my Surface Pro 4 stylus, and nobody local to me seems to have one in stock at the moment.

Is there ANYTHING else I can use till I either find mine or the one I ordered comes in on Wednesday?

I'm a desperate woman at this point.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Your finger? There are a number of alternatives, but they have to be n-trig pens. As such, unless you can find one in a local shop today, then you'll still have to put up with waiting on shipping. Due to the active digitizer you'll be unable to just make one from bits lying around the house like you might for a typical capacitive tablet.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Alas having a better pen/stylus experience also means you can't simply improvise like you can with normal adroid/apple tablets. Might be an idea to see if you can find one of the HTC pens which are often on offer for around $10 to keep in a draw as a backup.

OP
T

Tigergrrrl

Alas having a better pen/stylus experience also means you can't simply improvise like you can with normal adroid/apple tablets. Might be an idea to see if you can find one of the HTC pens which are often on offer for around $10 to keep in a draw as a backup.
I'm truly hoping that I can find mine, that maybe I dropped it in the lab when I went in on Friday.

If not, I'm ordering another one. Meanwhile for ease of writing, I'm using Evernote on my Android, and exporting those notes to my computer.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk