What's new

Replacement Surface Pro 2 (Warranty)

repinca

I'm super disappointed. I just got my Surface back after a month and I open it to a note that says there was extensive damage that goes beyond the warranty. They had stickers that pointed to small scratches, one of which was the logo coming off the back! Are you fling kidding me? That thing was wiped off the first day. Some of the stickers even pointed to smudges that I just wiped off.

I own a Windows phone in addition to an XBOX and Xbox music and live accounts. Really? This is how you treat long time early adopter customers? I just can't do it anymore. I've been hemming and hawing over my next phone purchase and they just made it super easy.

tarrant64

I'm super disappointed. I just got my Surface back after a month and I open it to a note that says there was extensive damage that goes beyond the warranty. They had stickers that pointed to small scratches, one of which was the logo coming off the back! Are you fling kidding me? That thing was wiped off the first day. Some of the stickers even pointed to smudges that I just wiped off.

I own a Windows phone in addition to an XBOX and Xbox music and live accounts. Really? This is how you treat long time early adopter customers? I just can't do it anymore. I've been hemming and hawing over my next phone purchase and they just made it super easy.

Was this with accidental damage or coverage or just normal warranty? Sucks that they took so long to get back to you

repinca

Was this with accidental damage or coverage or just normal warranty? Sucks that they took so long to get back to you

Just normal warranty, but it was an audio issue, so I was somewhat annoyed. It's not even so much that it was rejected, but the process that kills me. I just don't see how they ever expect to get better when they clearly don't understand lifetime value of a customer nor what it takes to play from behind. If they ever hope to become a consumer driven business they need to get their customer service right.

tarrant64

Just normal warranty, but it was an audio issue, so I was somewhat annoyed. It's not even so much that it was rejected, but the process that kills me. I just don't see how they ever expect to get better when they clearly don't understand lifetime value of a customer nor what it takes to play from behind. If they ever hope to become a consumer driven business they need to get their customer service right.

I guess they didn't learn much from the xbox support days. I think it's similar support problems there.