What's new

Report Suggests New Microsoft Surface Tablets Coming Including a 7-Inch Version

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
microsoft-ces-booth.jpeg

According to the WSJ, Microsoft plans a new lineup of Microsoft tablets including a 7 inch model expected to start production later in 2013. Microsoft has found itself without a 7 inch slate to go up against the large number of low-priced 7 inch Android tablets like the Google Nexus 7. According to IDC, half of the tablets that shipped in the fourth quarter were under 8 inches.

A source familiar with Microsoft's plans says that a 7 inch tablet wasn't even on the company's radar last year, but executives at the Redmond based firm realized that it had no response for the lower priced Android slates and for the iOS flavored Apple iPad mini, which carries a 7.9 inch screen. Executives also have gone on the record to admit that its product lineup doesn't include a low-priced touchscreen product.

Continue Reading @: WSJ says new Microsoft Surface tablets are coming including 7 inch model

carithomas5141

microsoft-ces-booth.jpeg

According to the WSJ, Microsoft plans a new lineup of Microsoft tablets including a 7 inch model expected to start production later in 2013. Microsoft has found itself without a 7 inch slate to go up against the large number of low-priced 7 inch Android tablets like the Google Nexus 7. According to IDC, half of the tablets that shipped in the fourth quarter were under 8 inches.

A source familiar with Microsoft's plans says that a 7 inch tablet wasn't even on the company's radar last year, but executives at the Redmond based firm realized that it had no response for the lower priced Android slates and for the iOS flavored Apple iPad mini, which carries a 7.9 inch screen. Executives also have gone on the record to admit that its product lineup doesn't include a low-priced touchscreen product.

Continue Reading @: WSJ says new Microsoft Surface tablets are coming including 7 inch model
It is highly appreciable news given by the side of Microsoft that they are launching their new Microsoft surface tablet having 7-inch version.It would be a new life for people.Now we can enjoy and take advantages with upgraded surface tablets with latest application and versions.Good job!!!

TeknoBlast

I would definitely get the 7" Surface. I currently own the Surface RT which I use mainly at home or when I head to Houston to visit family. However, when I head to work everyday, I bring with me the Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 so I can watch a movie or show during my lunch hour and breaks. It's a much easier tablet to travel with, but the responsiveness of the OS is not that great. So rather have a 7" Surface if possible.

J515OP

Super Moderator
I would definitely get the 7" Surface. I currently own the Surface RT which I use mainly at home or when I head to Houston to visit family. However, when I head to work everyday, I bring with me the Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 so I can watch a movie or show during my lunch hour and breaks. It's a much easier tablet to travel with, but the responsiveness of the OS is not that great. So rather have a 7" Surface if possible.

If not Nexus 7 ;)

FindMyWayHome

Different Size tablets have much purpose for Different People depending on what the need is. Every industry creates multiple brands and version to Grab the attention necessary to achieve success. With that said, I am now considering letting my boss at work know about the potential benefits of the proposed smaller tablet for me and all my Coworkers. Will the Seven inch tablet be RT or Pro?

From my New Surface Pro

ArnoldC

I will immediately buy a 7" Surface ARM based, not Intel, once Synology ports all their DS suite into it. That is my only use for a 7" device which is currently served by a $60 Android running Ice Cream Shawarma :LOL: