What's new

Resetting W10 and SP3

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Was you an Windows 10 insider?

This looks easier than downloading an ISO.

Did it restore to 8.1 first and then update to 10?

I'm thinking of doing this as someone was using my Surface pro3 and decided to install some bits and now it runs hot with the fan constantly going.

As I didn't set up system restore I can't seem to go back :(
To go back you would need to download the 8.1 Recovery image, put it on USB and boot to the USB Recovery image.... there may be some extra hoops as well to Recover over W10 with 8.1

uksparx

Thanks going to do this tonight.

This time I will activate system restore as well :)

And not leave my pro 3 unattatended again lol

uksparx

Reset the surface tonight whilst I was having dinner I've returned to my surface and found this screen and its constantly rebooting now:(

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    323.8 KB · Views: 505

Jay Parisi

What a day yesterday.....

Decided to "reset" to a clean Windows 10, kept getting an "inaccessible boot device", surface would reboot twice, then revert back with no changes made.

I'm thinking, maybe bitlocker had something to do with it. So I turn bitlocker off. Now it jest went into a "inaccessible boot device" loop.

Had to re-image to 8.1 and then upgrade to 10 again... half a day...

Set up 8.1 with a new local account that used my Microsoft ID. Then upgraded to 10, joined the domain, and now I can't attach the MS ID to my domain account. Found out that Windows 10 won't allow that, only one MS ID. Had to remove the local account and do a registry edit to remove the MS ID and then I was able to add it to my domain account.

Last thing is I cannot open the App Store and some MUI apps won't launch. Haven't figured this one out yet....