What's new

Solved Restart loop

robin.rarugal05

Also remove the mSD card. That has caused it to get stuck during resets for me and others.

I don't have mSD card into it at all... Now Its just keeps on restarting, its shows surface logo and then afterwards it shows "64% loop configuring device and features" and then it goes black screen then it shows surface logo again... And it repeats all over and over again... Surface logo > 64% > BLACK SCREEN > to infinity and beyond... Its hopeless :(

robin.rarugal05

Did you try what @GreyFox7 in post#4, or @Leesy in post #10 ?

Actually im in the ship right now.. Im working on ship, im a seafarer,, and our ship is here in India, I just bought a 2gb of data internet to find a solution on this, ive read the post #10 and I think it needs 5gb of data to download, im using smartphone though,so I think Im going to download the files some other time, im planning to buy laptop on Dubai this may 22, and by that I will try to fix my sp3, if it cant be fix... i'll throw it in the ocean :(

Anyway,Do u think, theres a hope?, of this, to be fix? Is just a software right? Because when we were in Russia, last month, I went outside to find a technician geeks repair man, and he says that its a hardware problem,??? I was skeptic about it, I dont think its a hardware problem. What do you think?

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
It is Windows 10 or 8.1?

You will need to download and make the bootable USB (either a Recovery Image Or Installation Madia) on another computer. The USB must be formatted Fat32 to boot.

Hold the Power button for no less than 30 seconds to interrupt the reboot cycle.

Unfortunately building the Recovery USB is not automated with a tool from Microsoft (are you listening MS) so there can be issues with getting it made correctly. Once you have a Recovery USB ready the we can talk about getting it booted off of the Recovery USB. sometimes getting the USB booting can be difficult and you might have to try a different USB drive. I could give more detailed instructions but I must know if we're doing Windows 8.1 or Windows 10. You could use the Media creation tool to make a bootable installation image it's a little different than the Recovery USB and you can verify the USB with the tool but it doesn't include Surface specific drivers etc

I wont give you three different ways to do it, just one.

Just read your latest post...

Ok, what are your other ports of call??? Perhaps one has a Microsoft Store where you could get it fixed. I doubt this is a hardware problem unless your getting a specific blue screen that indicates a hardware issue.

robin.rarugal05

It is Windows 10 or 8.1?

You will need to download and make the bootable USB (either a Recovery Image Or Installation Madia) on another computer. The USB must be formatted Fat32 to boot.

Hold the Power button for no less than 30 seconds to interrupt the reboot cycle.

Unfortunately building the Recovery USB is not automated with a tool from Microsoft (are you listening MS) so there can be issues with getting it made correctly. Once you have a Recovery USB ready the we can talk about getting it booted off of the Recovery USB. sometimes getting the USB booting can be difficult and you might have to try a different USB drive. I could give more detailed instructions but I must know if we're doing Windows 8.1 or Windows 10. You could use the Media creation tool to make a bootable installation image it's a little different than the Recovery USB and you can verify the USB with the tool but it doesn't include Surface specific drivers etc

I wont give you three different ways to do it, just one.

Just read your latest post...

Ok, what are your other ports of call??? Perhaps one has a Microsoft Store where you could get it fixed. I doubt this is a hardware problem unless your getting a specific blue screen that indicates a hardware issue.

It was 8.1 but i upgraded it to windows 10 prior to crashed like this... The best port of call is dubai. But we only have 1 day to the port then we go sail to egypt to turkey and then russia.. Is there a Microsoft Store in dubai? (fuck now.I.get why Microsoft only avail this surface line.in U.s.a.... Because its very complicated product)

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
According to Google there is a Dubai store and it appears from the page they are now selling Surface in UAE.

To fix it yourself you'll need at least one USB probably 8GB

If nothing else walk out of there with known good Recovery USB and Windows 10 Media USB.