What's new

Return for Pro...How Many?

OP
X

xterrapro

I use the stylus on my Atif 500 more than I thought I would. Here's hoping that the pro's digitizer is as good or better.

Key's to Pro for me-
Full Win8 - to run VM etc...
Digitizer
Resolution

Obvious Con's
battery life - mitigated if 5 hours or more
.5 lbs heavier - will need to handle to see if this is workable

I think MS knocked it out of the park with the form factor and fit/finish (materials used)

I love my Surface RT. But, I will get getting the Pro when it comes out. I need the digitizer and full Outlook version to have the perfect tablet. I'm trying to find a way to justify keeping both tablets but I'm not finding one. Sadly, I will return the RT. Maybe.

gpstrucker

I might pick up a Pro as a laptop replacement (lighter weight than a laptop), but not as a replacement for my RT. Longer battery life alone makes the RT a better tablet. I wouldn't mind having a lighter, thinner laptop for my work stuff, but for my every day tablet needs the Pro won't meet my battery needs.

OP
X

xterrapro

One good note for the surface is that airline power outlets provide enough juice for a recharge. Unlike my MBRetina which is not charge over airline power. If I can get 5 hours, bump charge on the plane pro battery will not be an issue for my usage.

ehuffaker

Sticking with the RT. My boss ordered if for me accidently (I wanted him to hold out for the Pro) and I told him to cancel the order. Damn thing showed up anyway and we couldn't resist opening the box. Haven't looked back. VMware View is the killer app, Checkpoint can take their sweet-@ss time (as they always do) releasing a VPN client for the RT. Put the View agent on your workstation and you can get to your desktop from anywhere you have Wi-Fi. There is nothing that didn't come with the RT that I need and I'm not one to load up bloatware/crap on my machines.