What's new

Return Surface Pro 128 to MS Store?

STLPilot

Well after using for 3 weeks, I give up. For all the reasons others have posted ... trying to use as "laptop", type cover, power cord, bad balance, have to be in perfect position, 1 usb, etc. etc. it just doesn't feel right. Thinking something with tablet screen that removes from laptop like Dell or ASUS ... will work better seeing I rarely use without keyboard and in those rare cases ... would just stow in my bag like I have to do with my Surface Pro anyway.

So ...with that said ... has anyone successfully returned their Pro to MS Store successfully? It says 30 days unopened ... but there is always a way around that. The only reason I bought from MS and not Best Buy ... didn't think I'd ever return it ... but it's just too quirky and not as good for making money ... which is it's primary purpose.

magicrobots

I returned my Surface Pro at the MS store after a couple weeks, exchanged it for an Asus Taichi, and then two weeks later brought that back and returned it again for the Surface Pro again, because the Taichi is a better idea than it is a reality.

I'd look at the Yoga if I were you!

J515OP

Super Moderator
Sounds like what you really want is a laptop not a tablet. You may have pushed your luck using it so long. If there are issues with it you would be ok to return but not for returning it because you don't like it. It is worth a try and you never know they may accept a return without questions even after 3 weeks. I would think going to an MS store would give you a better chance than calling.

Sounds like what you really want is a laptop not a tablet. You may have pushed your luck using it so long. If there are issues with it you would be ok to return but not for returning it because you don't like it. It is worth a try and you never know they may accept a return without questions even after 3 weeks. I would think going to an MS store would give you a better chance than calling.

In my personal opinion, the beauty of the Pro is that it truly is a laptop replacement.

I have big, bad Alienware M17X - the Surface is NEVER going to replace that. But for daily commute, this thing is ultra-light and runs everything, and I mean everything, I throw at it. MS Project 2013 is the newest beast, and the Pro breezes through it. Autocad 2013 MD runs decently. Oracle AutoVue runs wonderfully, even with complex 3D models. Citrix, MS-SQL, MS Developer Studio, all run flawlessly.

The Intel HD4000 is the only weak spot.

J515OP

Super Moderator
In my personal opinion, the beauty of the Pro is that it truly is a laptop replacement.

I have big, bad Alienware M17X - the Surface is NEVER going to replace that. But for daily commute, this thing is ultra-light and runs everything, and I mean everything, I throw at it. MS Project 2013 is the newest beast, and the Pro breezes through it. Autocad 2013 MD runs decently. Oracle AutoVue runs wonderfully, even with complex 3D models. Citrix, MS-SQL, MS Developer Studio, all run flawlessly.

The Intel HD4000 is the only weak spot.

I don't disagree with the specs, performance and portability. Those are great. Anything with integrated Intel graphics is going to have that as a weak spot ;) When somebody says "I want something with a light screen and heavy base, more than one usb port, an ethernet port, a different power cord, a VGA port, etc." then that tells me they are looking for a laptop based on features not necessarily performance. If you want slim, sleek, light and portable you are going to have to sacrifice some of those features even in traditional laptop layouts (ultrabooks). In that case the Surface isn't for everybody.

johnknee

When I picked up my SP128 at the MS kiosk, the manager said 14 days. With respect being unopened, three days later when I stopped by again to pick up the touch cover, a customer was there returning his SP64 for a full refund without the box, manuals, nor the pen. He just handed the unit and AC adapter as is, no questions asked. Just make sure you wipe out the unit first prior to returning it.