What's new

[Review] Acer W3-810

ArnoldC

Hi Tom, can you do me a little favor? Will you install PC Benchmark from the Windows Store, run it on the W3 and post the screenshot of the result?

Tom T

Here you go Acer W3 64gigs

PC Benchmark Acer W3.png

Last edited:

Tom T

This doesn't display properly on the w3 with the surfaceforums app, interesting

Sent from the SurfaceForums.net app for Windows 8

ArnoldC

Thank you very much Tom. I would like to see how different it is to the RT and I find it interesting that CPU isn't far apart, 28.18 vs. 28.93 (my RT) but the RAM makes a huge difference.

Tom T

I've never actually benchmarked my RT, but that is interesting.

Tom T

According to Engadget the refreshed W3 will be thinner and lighter (hopefully they won't compromise on battery size and life to help achieve this), and possibly have an IPS display, and will be available sometime in September. Hopefully by then there will be some competition as well.

Johntxk

I'm considering the ACER to replace my iPad Mini. I'm just NOT a hater of Windows 8. The interface with aps is nice and the switch to desktop is seamless. I currently have a Surface RT 64 gig. My brother has a RT and a Pro because he oversees an IT department. He likes the RT better because of the weight.

quadtronix

I'm considering the ACER to replace my iPad Mini. I'm just NOT a hater of Windows 8. The interface with aps is nice and the switch to desktop is seamless. I currently have a Surface RT 64 gig. My brother has a RT and a Pro because he oversees an IT department. He likes the RT better because of the weight.

My iPad mini has weak WiFi sometimes while none of my other devices have that problem. Have you experienced that? I may replace it with the updated acer. We'll see... Pics and specs of the new nexus 7 hit the web yesterday... That sounds good too! :)