What's new

Review provides reasons to purchase RT

D

Deleted member 10837

I'm looking forward to the Surface Pro 2 as a desktop replacement.

stanman98075

Coincides with my experience

With price drop this review is helpful.

A month with my Surface RT » Encosia

I've had my RT for almost a month, purchasing it immediately after the price drop. I had my heart set on the Pro version but the price scared me.

I wasn't expecting to be as impressed and satisfied as I am. I had been using Win 8 on a desktop for a while, so didn't have that learning curve, but the implementation of Win 8 on the RT leaves the desktop experience far behind.

Like the reviewer, I've abandoned my iPad. I fired it up today and it felt like "last century" compared to Surface.

I wouldn't have bought a Surface if I had only read "guru" reviews; they were mostly negative. But the users seemed quite happy with it. The users were right!

A few days ago I replied to a post about the RT on another forum. The comments all seemed negative, so I tried to leave some positives. You would have thought I had left a floating object in a punch bowl! I was called every name in the book; shill, fan boy, etc. So much for democracy on that site...

FFX

Found this YouTube review today, where the reviewer shows some good features of the Surface RT.
[video=youtube;9somrcpcuF4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9somrcpcuF4[/video]

beman39

I've had my Surface RT for a month now and I can't put it down! I luv it so much that I am in the process of selling ALL my other tablets now and having JUST my RT...it does everything I could want and more! I might even buy the PRO when I have xtra cash! lol

FFX

Seriously why are they not advertising this!

Seriously, I didn't even know that this worked. Makes me want to get an Xbox.

[video=youtube;H7FUherhyvI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7FUherhyvI[/video]

Omni

Seriously, I didn't even know that this worked. Makes me want to get an Xbox.

[video=youtube;H7FUherhyvI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7FUherhyvI[/video]

You can do that with any DNLA certified TV. My tv remote also can stop, play, pause etc as well as the surface. Great device!

Lolvo

SmartGlass is alright, but frankly, it's more of an aesthetic app over anything else - the games I play, and use with SmartGlass, do not allow much in the way of added features, moreso just control and stat views that you can't find in-game.

Regardless of the above, I love my RT, and am a huge advocate for it within my peer group. 8.1 RT needs to release, though. My device has been running into system issues as of late, a lot more than usual.

Omni

8.1 does need to be released for RT. Can't see us getting hold of it before the release date though. ISOs aren't much good for RT.

beman39

You can do that with any DNLA certified TV. My tv remote also can stop, play, pause etc as well as the surface. Great device!

that's a great point, BUT not a lot of people have that type of tv and are not going to go out and buy a DNLA tv just to be able to do that, but his point is if you have an Xbox like most people do, well you can play it on the big tv wirelessly!! to me that's mind blowing! that is REALLY kool geek factor! way to go Microsoft!

EDIT: great! after seeing that vid now I wanna buy an Xbox! lol

Last edited: