What's new

Review provides reasons to purchase RT

beman39

8.1 does need to be released for RT. Can't see us getting hold of it before the release date though. ISOs aren't much good for RT.

well other people seem to be able to install 8.1 on their RT's dunno why you seem to be having trouble with getting it...also I remember seeing a vid on youtube on how to install win8.1 so go get it bud! lol

Omni

Really? Most tvs that have a rj45 port will have DLNA support. Any tv purchased in the last few years will have one even if it doesn't have WiFi. Even then you can get cheap DLNA boxes that do the same thing. If you have a Xbox though that is defiantly the easiest way. I connect to my tv exactly the same way as the video says. So easy and it is a great feature.

I'm talking about the RTM of 8.1 RT not the incomplete preview version. I don't want that I use my RT to much for it to not work properly.

beman39

Really? Most tvs that have a rj45 port will have DLNA support. Any tv purchased in the last few years will have one even if it doesn't have WiFi. Even then you can get cheap DLNA boxes that do the same thing. If you have a Xbox though that is defiantly the easiest way. I connect to my tv exactly the same way as the video says. So easy and it is a great feature.

I'm talking about the RTM of 8.1 RT not the incomplete preview version. I don't want that I use my RT to much for it to not work properly.

funny none of my TV's have an rj45 port and all my TV's are bought within the last 4 years and the newest I bought was just last year...also not everyone knows you can buy and DLNA box also, so when most homes already have an Xbox this is the easiest way (like you've said). well of course the RTM is not out yet and no one is able to get the RTM version which is why we have to wait...like everyone, but what does that have to with iso's you mentioned in the previous post?

oion

8.1 RTM was leaked. That's probably the iso comment. I'm just waiting for the patch push because I'm too lazy to dig out my USB optical drive or figure out how to mount it in the RT or whatever.

Omni

8.1 RTM was leaked. That's probably the iso comment. I'm just waiting for the patch push because I'm too lazy to dig out my USB optical drive or figure out how to mount it in the RT or whatever.

Yes your right about my comment. However I think its only x86 and x64 ISOs that have leaked. No ARM version that I've heard of; not even sure if they exist for the RT.

beman39

Do you really not know what a ISO is? Google it... I mean Bing it!

I know what an iso is dood, I just don't get why your bringing it up as it has nothing to do with the RT, we have to wait for the update like everyone else :wink: