What's new

Ring on Screen of Surface Pro 3

Alex Makarov

Hi guys, first time posting on here. I've had the surface pro since the 28th of August (the release date in Australia) and everything has been going great until I noticed a ring formation on the screen of my SP3. The think that freaks me out the most is that it's a perfect circle. However, I haven't applied put anything on it or used it as any type of coaster ring. Its stayed in perfect condition and placement every since I purchased it. I've been researching about it and seems like other people have encountered this problem, yet very limited. It seems like it's an issue with oleophobic coating, and apparently because of excessive use with the pen and I've only used the pen once. When I wipe at the screen, the circle is barely visible, but when dust/fingerprints are on the screen, it's very noticeable. Might it be some manufacturing artifact from the assembly line when some type of suction cup (?) is used to mount the screen. It's kinda freaking me out, so guys, what is this thing? What should I do? I didn't buy it from the Microsoft Store, but from a local store in Sydney, Australia. Should I consider returning it..or?
Cheers in advance.

The photo is low quality but if you look closely you can see the circle with fingerprint smudges

Attachments

• 10685153_10152375787052887_598976031_n.jpg
    10685153_10152375787052887_598976031_n.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 846

gtext

Can't see it in your photo but it's probably the same problem I had on mine. I returned mine to Microsoft.
Other that returning it for another there's nothing else you can do as it's a hardware problem. It can't be cleaned off. I tried also.

While this won't fix the problem cleaning it thoroughly and then applying a high quality screen protector will solve it's occurrence.