What's new

Ripped videos in Video app problem

kcsims

I wasn't able to find anyone else having this problem, so please forgive if this has already been covered. I have been using handbrake to convert my dvds and blurays to play in the video app from Microsoft. Everything works great except it seems to default to what I am guessing is visually impaired settings as I am hearing the description to the movie and such. I cannot seem to get this to turn off. I do not have this setting turned on at all and I only hear it during video playback in the video app.

Any help would be appreciated.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Welcome to the forum. Strange it is only in the app but you must have turned it on somewhere. The system wide one can be toggled on and off by holding the Windows button and then pressing the vol + button. Try doing that a couple of times and see if it clears the issue for the videos.

jeffskent

From your description of the problem, I suspect that you are trying to use Handbrake to convert copy protected dvds to mp4 files which you can watch using a program like vlc at vlc.org or even iTunes. I rarely use the native touch enabled audio and video players on my Pro because the controls and settings seem very minimal.

Try using dvddecrypter to remove the copy protection on your dvd. This free program available at dvddecrypter.org.uk is free and turns the dvd into a set of files which Handbrake can then turn into a single mp4 file which will play via vlc, iTunes, or many other players. Note that this is not piracy since you already own the dvd. You are simply, I hope, making a backup copy for your own personal use to watch on an iPad, iPod, Nexus 7, or any smart phone. It works fine for me and I have half a dozen of my own movies on my Pro to watch again on my own time.

ArnoldC

From your description of the problem, I suspect that you are trying to use Handbrake to convert copy protected dvds to mp4 files which you can watch using a program like vlc at vlc.org or even iTunes. I rarely use the native touch enabled audio and video players on my Pro because the controls and settings seem very minimal.

Try using dvddecrypter to remove the copy protection on your dvd. This free program available at dvddecrypter.org.uk is free and turns the dvd into a set of files which Handbrake can then turn into a single mp4 file which will play via vlc, iTunes, or many other players. Note that this is not piracy since you already own the dvd. You are simply, I hope, making a backup copy for your own personal use to watch on an iPad, iPod, Nexus 7, or any smart phone. It works fine for me and I have half a dozen of my own movies on my Pro to watch again on my own time.

Ditto.

Exactly the same process I use to put my purchased DVD titles into my Synology for easier viewing. Unless I kick myself in the ass to use my Panasonic BD player. :D