What's new

Roku 3 + Miracast

Zuldan

Roku 3 now supports Miracast.

The Surface Pro 2 is fully supported with Miracast - http://support.roku.com/entries/56698214-Roku-screen-mirroring-compatible-devices but I haven't been able to get it working. It detects the Roku as "Roku 3 - 843" in the wireless display section but when I try connect it says "Connecting..." then after a while it times out. I purchased another Roku 3 and got the same problem. I also tried my wife's Surface Pro and still couldn't get it work.

Has anyone else had any luck?

I've done the following;

- Reset Roku 3 to factory default
- Reinstall firmware via debug mode
- Connected both the SP2 and Roku 3 to the same 2.4Ghz WiFi and 5Ghz WiFi

I'm running the latest SP2 firmware and Roku 3 firmware as of 10/10/2014

Last edited:

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Do you get the prompt for the passcode?

"To make the very first connection, the Surface Pro will prompt you to enter a wireless passcode that is supplied by the PTV3000. The passcode you need to use will be displayed on your TV screen. The passcode is then stored for later use so you won't have to enter it again."

OP
Z

Zuldan

I just got my friend (who has a SP3 for himself and a SP3 for his wife) to try connect his SP3's to his own Roku 3 with Miracast and they don't work either :(

Dayton

Has worked perfectly with my SP2. I picked up a Roku 3 once the Miracast firmware became available, I've been projecting successfully from my SP2 to my Panasonic Plasma ever since.