What's new

rsi

mtalinm

in the past month I've been diagnosed with tennis elbow in the left arm. I notice it's worse when I reach up to touch the screen, and I am wondering whether it could be connected to my switch to the SPro. anyone else having/had difficulty? thinking I might have to switch back to a laptop, though that would be very sad...in many ways.

malberttoo

In the seated position, I rarely reach up to touch my screen, doing most everything on the keyboard, and with trackpad or mouse.

Last edited:

J515OP

Super Moderator
If that is the case you don't need to touch the screen in laptop mode you can use the track pad just like a regular laptop. If you prefer you can also use a mouse. You can use touch when you are in tablet mode and not likely to be in the typing position repetitively reaching out for the screen.

D

dvdcatalyst

in the past month I've been diagnosed with tennis elbow in the left arm. I notice it's worse when I reach up to touch the screen, and I am wondering whether it could be connected to my switch to the SPro. anyone else having/had difficulty? thinking I might have to switch back to a laptop, though that would be very sad...in many ways.

It is possible that the touch-screen is affecting it.

I've had issues with my wrists for many years, and while using something in tablet mode is fine, reaching up to touch the screen while in laptop-position causes my wrists to lockup after a while. Trackpads and even trackpoints are a bit painful to use after a short while for me as well, but since I moved to trackballs, I haven't had much trouble.

For my main systems I use a couple of these:

Amazon.com: Logitech Trackman Marble Mouse: Electronics

and for the Surface (Pro and RT) I use this one:

Amazon.com: Logitech M570 Wireless Trackball: Electronics

I prefer the red one, because using the thumb to move the mouse pointer around causes some (a lot less than an actual mouse) strain as well, but unfortunately, they don't have that in a wireless version yet.