What's new

RT PIN Login

bosamar

I've tried the regular login with a password. I also enjoyed the 'touch' photo login. Now I'm trying the PIN login. It won't allow me to take a screenshot but here's my question: There is a symbol in the PIN login in the lower left corner. The first is a square box. The other (if you tap on the square box) is like a sun symbol. What's the difference? I can't figure it out.

I am not seeing what you are seeing. I see the easy access symbol bottom left and shutdown bottom right.

edit: ok, got it. I was using keyboard before and therefore didn't see what you were seeing. good question. square with rays and square that looks like Stop on a Player. trying to find out myself now...
thought I could talk to it when it shows the rays and then stops when I said my pin - no go. That's what ease of access is for I guess. Search the internets and could not find anything yet...

Last edited:
OP
bosamar

bosamar

I am not seeing what you are seeing. I see the easy access symbol bottom left and shutdown bottom right.

edit: ok, got it. I was using keyboard before and therefore didn't see what you were seeing. good question. square with rays and square that looks like Stop on a Player. trying to find out myself now...

Yup, that's the one!

josekov_1008

I think it is to hide the keypress, like when you type a text password, the virtual keys doesn´t get highlighted, so if someone is near you, he/she can't see your password, in this case your PIN.

OP
bosamar

bosamar

I think it is to hide the keypress, like when you type a text password, the virtual keys doesn´t get highlighted, so if someone is near you, he/she can't see your password, in this case your PIN.

That was it. I like it very much! Much easier than anything else.

joemader

This isn't on my Surface but on my windows 8 computer, but I thought I'd share:

When I had the PIN pw function...sometimes after typing in my pin my lock screen would fly up (as its supposed to) but only to unveil a blank screen...with nothing available. I would have to hard restart my computer...I disabled the pin and went back to normal password and the problem went away.

emolat

blank screen

This isn't on my Surface but on my windows 8 computer, but I thought I'd share:

When I had the PIN pw function...sometimes after typing in my pin my lock screen would fly up (as its supposed to) but only to unveil a blank screen...with nothing available. I would have to hard restart my computer...I disabled the pin and went back to normal password and the problem went away.

Have you tried pushing the win-key? I have the same experience when logging on to my desktop computer, while having previously connected to it via rdp.