What's new

Rt stream-to flash videos low res

mfpreach

When I stream Youtube or other flash videos to my Xbox or wdlive it streams the low res option and doesn't automatically adjust to the HD versions. This is when the HD version is available. Anyone know how to fix this ?

Second, is there a way to disable JavaScript in ie?

Thanks

oion

When I stream Youtube or other flash videos to my Xbox or wdlive it streams the low res option and doesn't automatically adjust to the HD versions. This is when the HD version is available. Anyone know how to fix this ?

Second, is there a way to disable JavaScript in ie?

Thanks

I don't know if there's a setting in your Youtube account to always stream HD, or if it's an automatic thing on Youtube itself. When it streams the low-res first, you do get the option to play the HD version at least, right?

As for disabling Javascript globally in IE, you have to go to the desktop version (the instructions below apply to both IE10/IE11, probably earlier versions too):
Internet Explorer 10: Enable/Disable JavaScript - Technipages

But disabling Javascript globally will make a lot of websites not very functional...

OP
M

mfpreach

I don't know if there's a setting in your Youtube account to always stream HD, or if it's an automatic thing on Youtube itself. When it streams the low-res first, you do get the option to play the HD version at least, right?

As for disabling Javascript globally in IE, you have to go to the desktop version (the instructions below apply to both IE10/IE11, probably earlier versions too):
Internet Explorer 10: Enable/Disable JavaScript - Technipages

But disabling Javascript globally will make a lot of websites not very functional...

Re Youtube , I can manually choose from the drop down but it just streams black . It is also VERY difficult to change the resolution with my finger .

Last edited: