What's new

Rugged Case for Surface Pro

Miss Emily

The Incipio Capture Case is an excellent choice for Surface Pro protection if you are a construction worker or on the road a lot with your job. It is made similar to an Otterbox phone case but is made for the Surface Pro. Screen protector must be purchased separately.

benjitek

Bulky... impractical... bye-bye kickstand...

About the only good thing here is that at least someone is bothering to make an accessory for the SP2 ;-)

I might expect to see a construction worker using something like this, otherwise, you'd have to have a specific need for this monster-of-a-case. It's the kind of product the user must adapt to, definitely not in line with using the Surface Pro 2 as designed :-(

incipio-capture-microsoft-surface-pro-pro-2-case-black-front_1.jpg
incipio-capture-microsoft-surface-pro-pro-2-case-black-back-1_1.jpg

rushdown

Bulky... impractical... bye-bye kickstand...

About the only good thing here is that at least someone is bothering to make an accessory for the SP2 ;-)

I might expect to see a construction worker using something like this, otherwise, you'd have to have a specific need for this monster-of-a-case. It's the kind of product the user must adapt to, definitely not in line with using the Surface Pro 2 as designed :-(

incipio-capture-microsoft-surface-pro-pro-2-case-black-front_1.jpg
incipio-capture-microsoft-surface-pro-pro-2-case-black-back-1_1.jpg

Can a keyboard be used while this case is on the SP?

Camp Ranger

No The keyboard can not be used. I use the Bluetooth adaptor with my keyboard but I think that MS has stopped selling it.

David Beam

The Incipio Capture Case is an excellent choice for Surface Pro protection if you are a construction worker or on the road a lot with your job. It is made similar to an Otterbox phone case but is made for the Surface Pro. Screen protector must be purchased separately.

I am also looking for a rugged case that allows for the use of the keyboard and is made for the Pro 3 anyone have any luck?

David

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Urban Armor millspec case has its own kickstand and is compatible with kybd covers.
http://www.urbanarmorgear.com/products/scout-microsoft-surface-pro

Currently S Pro2 not S Pro 3 and id speculate they will make one for SP3 BUT the kybd wont be able to tilt up but will work flat. there's no way to protect the edge and allow the kybd to occupy that space (short of having the case move out of the way which seems impractical).

Bert Harbinson

I still like to go naked with most of my devices and prefer just a neoprene case for the SP3 - found the amCase Neoprene Case on Amazon and really like it for its ruggedness. It was only 10$ and is thick so it doesnt fray or anything. The zippers are nice rubberized zippers too. Good case for the price!

Jennifer Wilson

I ordered 2 Surface Pro 3's (1x i5 and 1x i7) and 1 Surface Pro 2 for use in a distribution center (warehouse). 1 of the Surface Pro 3's will not be used on the floor; it is used by administration/office worker and does not require a rugged case.

I ordered the UAG case for the Surface Pro 2, and I have been hoping that they would soon release one for the 3 (I emailed the company and they said that they do plan on releasing one for it, but no ETA).

I need something in the meantime as we are getting ready to deploy it for use in the warehouse. I have 3-year accidental damage on it from MS, so if it's not as rugged as I'd like it to be and it breaks from a drop, it isn't that big a deal. But I haven't been able to find anything. I've been searching like crazy and just can't come up with anything that will suit our needs, even if temporary until more rugged accessories are released since they are so new. I knew that I might not be able to find one right away, but I was hopeful.

Any suggestions?