What's new

[Rumor] Microsoft May Launch Surface 3 and Surface Mini Before the Holidays

Tech14

tktechnews-tweet-surface-3-surface-mini.png

According to some supposedly leaked intel, Microsoft is not only planning to launch a Surface 3 by the holidays of this year, they are also planning a Surface Mini. Both of these devices have been rumored for a while, and seemed like they were mostly put on the "back-burner" or scrapped altogether. Of course, the tech industry shifts rapidly, especially in the mobile world, so this is probably not too surprising if it turns out to be true.

What do you think? Would this be a well-timed move by Microsoft?

Source: TKTechNews
You mean Surface Pro 4 don't you?

Tech14

I decided to wait for the SP4 there are rumors it will have two USB ports and I am hopping it will have Cellular Capabilities.
Ive read where it could be as early as Christmas.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I decided to wait for the SP4 there are rumors it will have two USB ports and I am hopping it will have Cellular Capabilities.
Ive read where it could be as early as Christmas.
It will have the exact same chassis as the SP3 and won't be out until H2 C2015...sorry to be the bearer of those tidings....on the brighter side LTE is a good possibility.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Note to self H2 starts July 1. Mid H2 = Sept - Oct hopefully it lands before then.

Last edited:

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
BTW the timeline is my speculation based on the Intelligence I've gathered on Microsoft's promises to Enterprise Customers and anticipated RTM of Windows 10 and enough availability of Broadwell U SoCs....

Tech14

Are you guys all happy with your SP3s? From what I've been reading all over the internet is a lot of people have been having problems, like yellow line on screen, heating up, shutting down, thermometer on main screen. One guy had to return his 4 times! That's why I thought I should sit back and see what they come up with for the SP4, Maybe they will have fixed those Problems! Maybe the SP3 was just a starting point to get it Right I don't know, All I do Know is I'm having a hard time waiting! I like everything about the Pro 3 except what I Mentioned. I think its an awesome concept!

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Are you guys all happy with your SP3s? From what I've been reading all over the internet is a lot of people have been having problems, like yellow line on screen, heating up, shutting down, thermometer on main screen. One guy had to return his 4 times! That's why I thought I should sit back and see what they come up with for the SP4, Maybe they will have fixed those Problems! Maybe the SP3 was just a starting point to get it Right I don't know, All I do Know is I'm having a hard time waiting! I like everything about the Pro 3 except what I Mentioned. I think its an awesome concept!
What you read on the Internet is not representative of everyone's experience.

I read iPads have yellow lines too, which is to say some percentage of screens exhibit this condition, some report they only noticed it after someone mentioned it and don't see it unless looking for it, ymmv.

Heat issues you mentioned were fixed with a firmware update.

Don't believe everything you read on the Internet, it's not all true.

What is true is there's a generous return policy with virtually no questions asked.
That might lead some to return for otherwise questionable reasons and others to get one to check out the competition with the sole intent of returning it because they can.

I'm not a French Model, but I am a German model, according to DNA tests. :)

A yearly cycle? That would be awesome. I was expecting the Surface Pro 4 to be unveiled in January 2014; every 8 months...regardless, don't think I'll be ditching my Surface Pro 2 for the next 5 or more years. It does everything I could demand of it without a sweat and with Windows 10, it would just be getting better.