What's new

[Rumor] Microsoft Surface Pro Likely Coming January 29th

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
microsoft-surface-pro-with-pen.jpg

According to the rumormill as reported over at CNET, the Pro version of the Microsoft Surface is set to arrive on January 29th. This lines up nicely with other rumors we heard previously suggesting it would come at the end of January. Here's a quote with a few details,

This all depends of course on whether Microsoft is sticking to its original schedule.

And, for the record, this is what Microsoft said at the end of November: "In January, Surface with Windows 8 Pro will be available in two versions and pricing will start at $899: 64GB standalone version at $899, 128GB standalone version at $999."

Just to keep it interesting we also have a rumor now that claims January 29.

Whatever the case, it's coming soon and packs an Intel Ivy Bridge processor, a 16:9 ClearType display sporting a 1,920x1,080 resolution and goodies like a Mini DisplayPort can drive an external display up to 2560X1440 resolution. And Windows 8 Pro of course.

How many of you are planning to pick up this amazing looking device?

Source: CNET

bosamar

I'll check it out at the Microsoft store but I'm about 95% positive I'm keeping my RT. :D

ArnoldC

I have been pampered with the "clean" environment of the RT, I don't think I'll be needing one. I have an Acer for the dirty job, besides the configuration of the Pro isn't enough for me to be swayed, as I run hyper-V.
Sent from my Windows Phone 8S by HTC using Board Express

If you asked me a couple of months ago, I would have said Pro without hesitation. I am still planning on getting one, but the RT has grown on me. The device has impressed me and the longer battery life will be missed. I can't totally replace my laptop/desktop, but I can use remote desktop to get close. While I ultimately thought I wanted to replace my desktop, I find myself more often using my RT devices in addition to my work devices. For example, it is excellent for replacing my physical notepad and using for reference while working.

Still, I would like to have something ultra portable yet still able to run powerful app away from home without remote desktop.

Maybe this time I'll get a colorful touch cover?

uh60james

I'm ready for this! I'll probably give it a few weeks after release to make sure there are no big problems but I definitely want one!

joga

Aw: [Rumor] Microsoft Surface Pro Likely Coming January 29th

I'm more than ready for the Pro Version. Will preorder it asap...
Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express Pro

Omni

I planned on selling my RT and getting the pro... but I love my RT now and don't want to sell it for anything.. even a Pro. So Ill probably save for a bit longer and get both... greedy I know but these devices are excellent! :)

Dutchpiet

my surface RT is best tablet in my collection use it most of the time, took some finding 64GB without touch cover, as for pro version we need pc world in UK to stock it then could try it out, no Microsoft stores here, bought RT without trying it turned out a good buy, but pro will be expensive,might buy one if can try it. Would still keep RT.