What's new

Run fan manually

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
No. If this is an important enough issue then your only real (disclaimer: potentially risky) option would be to look into undervolting the cpu. Whether we like it or not, the temp values for ran operation etc have been chosen for a reason.

Haldi

We dont even know the actual RPM of the fan :(

Oh... And undervolting is really easy to do, search for INTEL XTU. Permanent damage can only happen trough overvoltage. Undervoltage will Crash and might cause problems on the harddrive, but the CPU will always be safe.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
I`m using dockstation when working and experience throttling sometimes, that`s why I was wondering if it possible to run fan permanently somehow.

The only time you will experience throttling is when the machine is working hard enough that the fan is going to be running full speed anyway. The machine will not throttle unless the fan cannot continue to cool it. It's not throttling when the fan is only at 25% speed, it can just turn the fan up.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
I`m using dockstation when working and experience throttling sometimes, that`s why I was wondering if it possible to run fan permanently somehow.
In a docking station just position a small external fan to blow on it.

OP
D

Deus

Have you installed Windows 10 yet? After that... my Surface fans run constantly! :eek: that's one way of doing it.

Yes, I`m running windows 10 right now and fan works the same as on previous OS version.
But I made clean windows 10 install because had problems with drivers and VirtualBox.
You may try to make factory reset.