What's new

Running android apps on Surface RT???

justkickit

So im browsing youtube and i come along this video of a guy running the full android store on his pro?The RT is probably much better for this because of the ARM Processor so does anyone think they can somehow port this over[video=youtube;3L49EBhC5rs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3L49EBhC5rs[/video]

Sin

He is just running bluestacks, which has been around for a while. Now they have a Windows 8 version optimized for the Surface Pro. Bluestack is an emulator and is not available on Windows RT.

Last edited:

J515OP

Super Moderator
Also having an ARM processor wouldn't make a difference. That is an emulator and we already know how Android runs on the RT's processor since it is the same as a Nexus 7. You want Android then get a Nexus 7. You want Windows get an RT. You want to run an Android emulator in Windows get a Windows 8 machine :)

bulls96

it would still be awesome to get this to run on Surface RT though.
Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express Pro

ArnoldC

Running in slow-motion :LOL:

I bought a $60 Android tablet with ICS just to keep in touch with their world. ;) Don't need to mess with trying to run Android in emulated mode.

Having said that, the 7" form fact does have a place in my life, and currently served by Android.

Last edited:

gpstrucker

I run Android app on Android devices (Nexus 7, GS3, etc). I run Windows apps on Windows devices (Surface RT and Windows Phone).

bltoha

Android-in-a-sandbox in a Windows RT environment? No need for processor emulation, so speed should be no issue.

bulls96

I (proudly) have an HP Touchpad that double boots webOS and Android to stay in touch w android as well.

walkerd0156

I like how the question was..
The RT is probably much better for this because of the ARM Processor so does anyone think they can somehow port this over
and yet no one in the comments said anything about this, it was just people saying how they run android on android and windows on windows... he didn't ask, "what do you use?", he asked "is it possible to run android emulator on RT?!"
lol

also, would be cool if we could run android emulator on windows phones, because RT & WP are kinda similar (universal apps).

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
RT is dead, it was never really alive, crippled from birth it lived a tortured life and now its living a tortured afterlife.

Is it possible to divide by zero??? yes and no. It's mechanically, procedurally possible but to what end.
“Imagine that you have zero cookies and you split them evenly among zero friends. How many cookies does each person get? See? It doesn’t make sense. And Cookie Monster is sad that there are no cookies, and you are sad that you have no friends.”
Is it possible to instantiate that which doesn't exist on something that doesn't support instantiation?
If an imaginary tree falls into a black hole does it make a sound if three's no one there to hear it? See? Its imaginary so its just a thought experiment.
:)

john.calixte

RT is dead, it was never really alive, crippled from birth it lived a tortured life and now its living a tortured afterlife.

Thanks for sharing your opinion, but I disagree. My Surface RT is now 2.5 years old and still going strong. I actually did my homework before purchasing it and knew what to expect. Are there more powerful tablets and OS's out there? Absolutely, but we all have different requirements and expectations.