What's new

Sad day yesterday... and its still going :(

v10type-r

Well, I ordered my Surface this past Monday online, it was shipped the next day and was delievered yesterday.

Yesterday by UPS, at 4:54pm. Supposedly left at my front door. I tracked the package at 5:30pm and noticed it said it was left at my front door, I was home all afternoon and didn't hear a door bell or knock on the door (my dog usually goes A-wall when anyone comes up to our door).

I called UPS immediately, and they were no help, I even drove to the main UPS hub and they couldn't help either. They all just said I had to call Microsoft for them to initiate the "trace".

I was pretty miffed, as really not even 30 mins to 1hr after the driver supposedly dropped off my package they couldn't contact the driver to ask them to follow up or confirm the drop off.

So I was extremely bummed.. I then called Microsoft to let them know what happened. They person I talked to was very accomodating and really helped calm me down, he said that MS will take of me and to not worry.

UPS called me this morning to confirm that the driver would go back to the place she dropped it off at and confirm where it was left.

I hope it was just delivered to the wrong address and it hasn't been opened. :(

I feel like it makes no sense for the UPS driver to just drop my package off at my front door without even knocking or ringing the door bell first before just plopping it down.

Do you guys know if my Surface can been tracked down with its physical ip address if its connected to the internet?

dallasfreak

WHAT WAIT the high cost of the Surface there should always be a sign off sheet to prove that it was drop off.....hell NO THEY BETTER FIX THIS.....I had mine delivered and had to sign for it!!!!!! keep us posted

OP
V

v10type-r

Ya I was pretty upset and am still pretty sad about it.. I don't know why Microsoft wouldn't specify a signature on delivery on something like a Surface., maybe since I'm up in Canada?

I am really hoping it was a mis-delivery and it wasn't opened.

MSurfaceWA

Unacceptable by UPS, they know the value of the product they are dropping off. Unless its hidden from public view, why would they not require a signature or acknowledgment on a delivery worth $500+ dollars?? Lack of common sense.

J515OP

Super Moderator
I know you are disappointed you haven't received your Surface but stuff happens. UPS is in their peak season and moving high volume so there will be issues along the way. Failed delivery is on UPS and they will have to make it up to MS if they lost the package but you should be compensated either way. Once MS has initiated a claim with UPS they should have another sent to you right away.

OP
V

v10type-r

Unacceptable by UPS, they know the value of the product they are dropping off. Unless its hidden from public view, why would they not require a signature or acknowledgment on a delivery worth $500+ dollars?? Lack of common sense.

They've done this to me before actually, I had a turbo kit sent to my house which was almost $5000 and they just dropped it off at my front door.. It seems really risky and I've now read that there are some cases where ppl follow the UPS truck and wait for a drop like mine and steal it...

OP
V

v10type-r

I know you are disappointed you haven't received your Surface but stuff happens. UPS is in their peak season and moving high volume so there will be issues along the way. Failed delivery is on UPS and they will have to make it up to MS if they lost the package but you should be compensated either way. Once MS has initiated a claim with UPS they should have another sent to you right away.

Agreed, I just hope it gets sorted out sooner rather than later, but after talking with Microsoft it seemed like they were going to sort it all out for me which is nice.

OP
V

v10type-r

Wow, ok, I haven't heard back from UPS as I think MS is talking with them to sort things out.

But yesterday morning, a kind and honest man dropped off my UPS package unopened! It was delivered to the wrong address, an address not even close to mine. Yet the mailing address on the package was exactly my address.

I called MS after opening it and making sure it was untouched, and they said that the case has been escalated and MS will contact me within 72 hours to let me know what will happen.

I wasn't sure what can happen since I have it now, but a discount on accessories or something would be awesome lol.. (one can hope right?)

Been about 24 hours now with my Surface, and so far I am LOVING IT! Suits my needs perfectly and have zero regrets! Well that is unless they drop the price of it, but I have til Jan.31 to return it so maybe they will price protect it?

J515OP

Super Moderator
Wow, what a nice person! Unfortunately just not something you see very much these days (well maybe you do in Canada), especially having to drive across town. Glad you have a happy ending to your story :D

mrasmussen

Is there a feature with the Surface, like a find my phone feature in win phone 8, where you can remotely wipe the device if lost or stolen? Not that this would have helped you originally. BTW, the hardware would be the only way to track the device if connected to the internet, such as a MAC address.