What's new

Sad Reality of Apple's Users

GoGoDelicious

^^^ exactly this...

I never understand posts like these.. as hughile has said everybody carries their phone with them so its no burden to have 2 devices...
The reason you do not understand is that you are making assumptions. You should never assume. I do not have a cell phone. So thus your answer dose not apply. As far as using a USB dongle that 2nd device.

We use an enterprise version of Office365 which includes enterprise voice. Without 4G LTE on the Surface Pro 3 I loose access to something I am already paying for. I want only ONE device, my SP3, to handle everything and it's almost there. I do not want to carry a phone, a usb dongle, a mobile 4G hot spot, etc.

I am hoping the SP4 will have 4G LTE. If that is the ONLY change I am buying one

Maybe now you understand?

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Then what is wrong with the S3. That will run office just fine and will happily go toe to toe with your iPad.

kundas1

The reason you do not understand is that you are making assumptions. You should never assume. I do not have a cell phone. So thus your answer dose not apply. As far as using a USB dongle that 2nd device.

We use an enterprise version of Office365 which includes enterprise voice. Without 4G LTE on the Surface Pro 3 I loose access to something I am already paying for. I want only ONE device, my SP3, to handle everything and it's almost there. I do not want to carry a phone, a usb dongle, a mobile 4G hot spot, etc.

I am hoping the SP4 will have 4G LTE. If that is the ONLY change I am buying one

Maybe now you understand?

what usb dongle device? now your just adding stuff to try and make a point... and sorry but yea I'm going to assume you have a cell phone as everyone in this day and age has phones! even my 13yr old niece has a phone, along with all these kids I see running around ages 13-17 yrs old has phones! so sorry if I don't believe you, you don't have a phone and trying to make a point... just because YOU feel the SP4 should have LTE doesn't make a valid point, the 99.9% of who have phones don't feel the need for an LTE tablet and therefore paying extra money for LTE service device...

jaekqubp

I've always got a kick out of the world "dongle". It sounds like a euphemism for a sex organ.
what usb dongle device? now your just adding stuff to try and make a point... and sorry but yea I'm going to assume you have a cell phone as everyone in this day and age has phones! even my 13yr old niece has a phone, along with all these kids I see running around ages 13-17 yrs old has phones! so sorry if I don't believe you, you don't have a phone and trying to make a point... just because YOU feel the SP4 should have LTE doesn't make a valid point, the 99.9% of who have phones don't feel the need for an LTE tablet and therefore paying extra money for LTE service device...

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member

I can't take his posts too seriously to be honest. One moment he is say I g it is for work, then he is saying he has no phone, and then he is saying his business uses iPhones. Sounds to me like FUD with no other agenda than trying to create dontrovesy. I questioned this discrepancy and am not surprised that there has been no reply.

And he also said that if he were to carry a phone that would be an extra bill. Yet if he simply tethered then it would still be one bill no different to if he just had a tablet plan.

I call shenanigans.

CrippsCorner

Absolutely agree... he seems to be on a one man mission to convince us all we need 4G on a Surface Pro! For the majority it's unnecessary.

Plus it wouldn't be an extra bill because you'd have one account with your mobile provider which is then tethered to your Surface. One bill :) (like he's paying at the moment anyway)

Well actually I totally agree with no cell phone.

I,m a top producing Re/Max Realtor and have made over 110,000 voip phone calls... skype and line2.

I have not made a calls on my cell phone since late 2012, it is Permently forwarded to Skype

Yes i only carry my cell phone as a wifi hotspot for my surface tablet, and when i get my lte surface i will have no need ever for a cell phone. I Love voip texting colaborativley with my staff

Surface 3, USB dongle, many options. Are you saying you don't take your mobile phone with you? Personally I'd rather tether than pay for yet another contract, and at an exorbitant price. It's to each their own though.

Tethering on the surface is a Non functional solution. Takes toooo long, disconnects after short time of non activity and appears to mess up geo location.. Gps not accurate.

5 years later... My iPad 1 3g still loads to live browser or skype in 30 seconds.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Tethering on the surface is a Non functional solution. Takes toooo long, disconnects after short time of non activity and appears to mess up geo location.. Gps not accurate.

5 years later... My iPad 1 3g still loads to live browser or skype in 30 seconds.
LTE use is a minority corner case, even most iPads sold are wifi only.
This is a Moo Point

Last edited:

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member

Works like a charm on both of mine. Takes far less than 30 seconds

Maybe the problem is the iPhone you're tethering from.