What's new

safe to use Surface Pro charger on Surface 2?

mtalinm

Just got my kid a Surface 2 for school. LOVES it.

Couldn't find his charger recently and tried the one from my Surface Pro. Seemed like it charged his device really quickly.

Any danger to using Surface Pro charger on Surface 2?

(I gotta say, I created an account on his device and use it whenever he is not looking. There is only one legacy Windows program I need; otherwise, Surface 2 does everything and is so much lighter/thinner...)

Dewg

No danger. MS says the pro charger will not charge any faster, as it scales down to the 24w of the surface 2.

Telstar1948

Just got my kid a Surface 2 for school. LOVES it.

Couldn't find his charger recently and tried the one from my Surface Pro. Seemed like it charged his device really quickly.

Any danger to using Surface Pro charger on Surface 2?

(I gotta say, I created an account on his device and use it whenever he is not looking. There is only one legacy Windows program I need; otherwise, Surface 2 does everything and is so much lighter/thinner...)

If you have a desktop running Windows Pro 8 or 8.1 (or Enterprise) you can Remote Desktop from your Surface 2 to your desktop for that one legacy program you use!

OP
M

mtalinm

If you have a desktop running Windows Pro 8 or 8.1 (or Enterprise) you can Remote Desktop from your Surface 2 to your desktop for that one legacy program you use!

Maybe I will when there's an LTE version available. I think Panos said at the Boston surface 2 launch event that it was in FCC testing