What's new

Samsung S3 and Surface

J515OP

Super Moderator
Compatible in what sense? If you use major apps that are on both platforms you shouldn't have any issues. For example you can have Evernote and SkyDrive apps on each and your notes and documents will be synced through the cloud on each device. You should also be able to use the S3 as a wifi hotspot with no issues to give your Surface data access. Not sure what else you might be looking for.

mdfire

Compatible in what sense? If you use major apps that are on both platforms you shouldn't have any issues. For example you can have Evernote and SkyDrive apps on each and your notes and documents will be synced through the cloud on each device. You should also be able to use the S3 as a wifi hotspot with no issues to give your Surface data access. Not sure what else you might be looking for.

I can confirm that the S3 works very well as a wifi hotspot for the Surface. They connect flawlessly.

Could never put my S3 down until I got the surface. Now it never gets a look it.

OP
N

NGC

Excellent that the Surface works well with the S3 ie. hotspot connectivity. I guess my question is more specific to what advantages or disadvantages would I gain from purchasing a Windows 8 Phone over the Samsung S3.