What's new

SanDisk Ultra 200GB Micro SD performance

peteostro

Any one have the SD card? want to know how it performs. It is only around $64 now.
There also the new Samsung 256 evo select but those go for 199.
Really looking for this to just be extra storage for photos and videos. do not want to have to drag around an external drive.
I have the 256 Surface pro i7

Dblkk

Any one have the SD card? want to know how it performs. It is only around $64 now.
There also the new Samsung 256 evo select but those go for 199.
Really looking for this to just be extra storage for photos and videos. do not want to have to drag around an external drive.
I have the 256 Surface pro i7
Use both for my camera and go pro. They are u1 rated, not u3. U3 is required for uhd recording. SanDisk 60 read 40 write, Samsung 60-80 read 50-60 write. Samsung fluctuates consistently, not sure Temps or what, SanDisk is consistent.

SanDisk I got was $50 amazon deal, Samsung was $60 sale at bb. Both bought months ago, but thought I'd mention it since you listed samsung retail price, but it will be on sale sane as SanDisk is, just keep checking.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

OP
P

peteostro

Use both for my camera and go pro. They are u1 rated, not u3. U3 is required for uhd recording. SanDisk 60 read 40 write, Samsung 60-80 read 50-60 write. Samsung fluctuates consistently, not sure Temps or what, SanDisk is consistent.

SanDisk I got was $50 amazon deal, Samsung was $60 sale at bb. Both bought months ago, but thought I'd mention it since you listed samsung retail price, but it will be on sale sane as SanDisk is, just keep checking.

The Samsung is the new one that just came out

Samsung 256GB 95MB/s EVO Select Micro SDXC Memory Card (MB-ME256DA/AM)
UHS-1 Speed Class 3

Dblkk

The Samsung is the new one that just came out

Samsung 256GB 95MB/s EVO Select Micro SDXC Memory Card (MB-ME256DA/AM)
UHS-1 Speed Class 3
I'll have to take a look at it when I'm home, but the Evo I have and following Evo vs pro, the Evo should be u1 rated, pro is u3

Dblkk

Its on sale for 159 for next 9 hours https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Select-Memory-MB-ME128DA-AM/dp/B01G7L03OS/ (this is a not a referral link)
Wow, ok see that now. EVO "select". Same specs as pro "select".

Well, I have no experience with that card, so I do apologize. But, will be more than likely buying it soon enough. Shooting in 4k is eating through my 64gb SanDisk extreme cards and would like to not be swapping cards out non stop

OP
P

peteostro

Well, I have no experience with that card, so I do apologize. But, will be more than likely buying it soon enough. Shooting in 4k is eating through my 64gb SanDisk extreme cards and would like to not be swapping cards out non stop

Yeah but its still 159! so do you like the sandisk 200gb for the surface pro 4? I think i can get by with 200gb for a year or 2 (not shooinbg 4k, just want have extera storage for iPhone photos/videos) and then these high speed 256/512gb will be cheaper

Dblkk

Yeah but its still 159! so do you like the sandisk 200gb for the surface pro 4? I think i can get by with 200gb for a year or 2 (not shooinbg 4k, just want have extera storage for iPhone photos/videos) and then these high speed 256/512gb will be cheaper
Well, for $159 it's size is 4x64gb $60 cards. So for me worth it.

As for the SanDisk, capacity and price, if your ok with 50mbps transfers, example using it as data storage, then yes it's definitely a good card. But also check prices for the Samsung 256 Evo non select card. Like I said I got mine for like $60, and it's a tad faster but also 56gb larger.

OP
P

peteostro

Well, for $159 it's size is 4x64gb $60 cards. So for me worth it.

As for the SanDisk, capacity and price, if your ok with 50mbps transfers, example using it as data storage, then yes it's definitely a good card. But also check prices for the Samsung 256 Evo non select card. Like I said I got mine for like $60, and it's a tad faster but also 56gb larger.

Samsung 256 Evo + (non select) is $150 so that cant be the one you are talking about. what was the $60 one

Dblkk

Samsung 256 Evo + (non select) is $150 so that cant be the one you are talking about. what was the $60 one
That'd be the one. Just on sale. Think 2 weeks ago both best buy and Amazon had it on sale, got mine from best buy just because it was in Stock

OP
P

peteostro

That'd be the one. Just on sale. Think 2 weeks ago both best buy and Amazon had it on sale, got mine from best buy just because it was in Stock

Really? I cant find any record of that deal It would be all over slick deals/ Fatwallet. You sure that wa snot the 128 card? or not a Micro SD card

Dblkk

Really? I cant find any record of that deal It would be all over slick deals/ Fatwallet. You sure that wa snot the 128 card? or not a Micro SD card
It was the micro. It's the same 256gb Evo I got for pre-ordering the note 7, if that helps