What's new

SB not Updating?

I continue to have issues when updating my SB. At the end of an install, it says there was an error and I have to retry. I click retry and the update is gone. This happened to me with the new update today, and the updater said I didn't have the 11/2 update as well, which I do. Is there any other way to force updates without using the updater in settings?

OP
T

tatornator12

I just looked at my update history and it says I've updated to the system hardware 11/2 like 3-4 times.....what the heck is going on?

Nuspieds

I'm also having issues. :mad:

I ran sfc /scannow and even the Windows Update troubleshooter, but still the same error code in Event Viewer: 0x80070003.

I was just on chat with an Answer Tech and he told me to do this:
  • Kindly press and hold the power button for 30 seconds then release and then press and hold the power button and the volume up button at the same time for 15 seconds then release and wait for another 10 seconds then turn the device back on please.
Well, it certainly looked like if it was working when I retried, but back to the same error. :mad:

Heading back to chat support now...

OP
T

tatornator12

I did a sfc/scannow and Windows Resource Protection found some corrupt files and repaired them. It said to check the logs for details, but I'm not sure how to do that.

Nuspieds

I'm on chat with another one now...and I'm so infuriated! :mad:
If it is one thing I hate is redoing something that I said I tried multiple times and it continues to fail!

We haven't tried anything new all this time.

I gave him the error code; at least there should be some steps to take for such an error code.

OP
T

tatornator12

I have found Anseer Tech utterly useless. Might be worth going to a Microsoft Store if you have one near you. I might do so.

I don't think I actually ever received an error code. There was just an error when I was trying to install the new update and when I hit retry it said I needed to download the 11/2 update again which I've done several times now. Then I used Windows Update Diagnostic and it found an error which it said it fixed. I rebooted the machine tried to find the update again and nothing. Then I ran the diagnostic test again and it said it found another error which it fixed. Still didn't help anything. Then I ran then sfc/ scannow and it said it fixed an error but still no update. I don't even know how to check the CBS logs to find what error was fixed.

OP
T

tatornator12

My error is actually different from yours. Il my error is 0x8024200D.

I've tried all of those fixes and still can't locate an update now.

leeshor

Worst case, go into services and stop the WindowsUpdate service then under the \windows\softwareDistribution folder delete the files under downloads and under Datastore, them reboot and try again