What's new

SB not Updating?

OP
T

tatornator12

So I tried what you said leeshor and it says my device is up to date, which I know for sure it isn't.....ugh this is ridiculous. Why is Windows 10 so buggy....

Nuspieds

So I tried what you said leeshor and it says my device is up to date, which I know for sure it isn't.....ugh this is ridiculous. Why is Windows 10 so buggy....
Keep trying and it will eventually find the Update.

However, I still received the same error.

I'm going to try disabling all non-Microsoft services at startup and see if that does anything. That's the last thing I'll be attempting tonight.

Nuspieds

Yep, I'm not surprised.

My last attempt for the night still failed...I even disabled the antivirus. This is both frustrating and disappointing.

Telstar1948

Got my Surface Book Tuesday evening. Downloaded the big update yesterday and that went well. Today, I checked and it has updates downloading. Checked to see what they are and found Windows Defender updates, security update for IE flash player and system hardware update 11-2-15. I'm wondering if "it" determined that the 11-2 update needed to come after the big one. Seems to be downloading these 3 things now, so I'll check later to see if they all downloaded successfully.

Telstar1948

You're right...weird. Mine's setting there at 1% download; has been for a while. Of course, I've watched these things before: sometimes they'll set there forever, then suddenly jump to 50% or 75%. I guess if it's hung up, it will let me know eventually. Wanting to see if the 11-2 will download and install OK, but looks like it's going to be a while.

flar

The progress bar on Windows Update hasn't worked in a few major releases (since as far back as some build of Windows 7). It tends to just sit at 0% and then suddenly be done. If the updates are large then it sits at 0% for an alarming amount of time. Sometimes with a single update it will show some progress which points at a synchronization problem if there are multiple updates being downloaded in parallel?