What's new

Screen cracked

nmortho

I put my brand new (Nov 2016) Surface Book with Performance Base into my padded carrying case as always and carried it home as I do every day. I did not drop it, bump it, or do anything different. I laid it on the seat next to me in the car. When I got home the screen was cracked. I called Microsoft and they are completely unwilling to work with me at all. They will send me a refurbished machine for $600 after the receipt of my cracked unit. Turn around time would be two to three weeks which is unacceptable for a business man who is using the unit as his primary computer. They will not even accept a $5000 deposit until my original machine is returned. Terrible customer service!

SimonWright07

:(

I woke up this morning to find the screen on my Surface Book cracked along the top just below the cameras.

I have looked after this thing and always keep in in a Thule sleeve. I'm away on holidays until Christmas so the MS return process is going to be awkward but I shall see how it goes.

Gutted. :(

I purchased the surface book and was enjoying it. Then from purely opening and closing the lid a hairline fracture appeared on the screen . I have been extremely careful and still own a IPad for over 4 years and other screen devices and don't even have a scratch on them. I purchased an expensive case The device now has no touch capability as Microsoft refuse to repair saying it has been mishandled. Contacted Microsoft and sent device back to them for repair under warranty. They sent it back to me stating it was mishandled. Took the device back to Retailer who agreed with my position and could see no damage what so ever to the device so took to Microsoft as well with same outcome. I have now found over 20 people with exact same issue and Microsoft still take the position it is user fault . Absolute rubbish Terrible product with its design Don't Buy One
Device Pic 1.jpg

SimonWright07

:(

I woke up this morning to find the screen on my Surface Book cracked along the top just below the cameras.

I have looked after this thing and always keep in in a Thule sleeve. I'm away on holidays until Christmas so the MS return process is going to be awkward but I shall see how it goes.

Gutted. :(

Seems like there are many more.... Microsoft you suck