What's new

Screen flex?

Zkyevolved

Hello everyone, I'm writing to see if this is normal. Does your SP4 screen flex? I mean, turn off the screen, and then push a little bit, like a little bit more than a tap. Imagine you're writing with a pen, with that kind of strength. I can see the glass flex. Do your screens also flex?
Thanks!

Peacy

When i use my pen on my sp4 i can see the screen sort of flexing with the pressure, screen goes like a grey color around the pen tip...

OP
Zkyevolved

Zkyevolved

OK, try this. Angle the screen so you can see yourself in the reflection with the screen turned off. Press down a little little bit in the middle of your face. Mine has a lot of flex. Try this on your phone, you'll see none.

Does everyone have this flex on the Sp4? my SP2 didn't have this....

eransays

OK, try this. Angle the screen so you can see yourself in the reflection with the screen turned off. Press down a little little bit in the middle of your face. Mine has a lot of flex. Try this on your phone, you'll see none.

Does everyone have this flex on the Sp4? my SP2 didn't have this....
Yes the screen does flex. This can be concerning coming from something like a surface pro 1. But this is normal. It's a symptom of a bigger screen and thinner glass reducing the tensile strength. Not to worry.