What's new

Screen flickers

Febru

Hey, I have a problem with my Surface Pro 4. After some ours of work (only one note, VLC media player and firefox) my screen flickers a lot. It's so annoying. Can someone help me with it?
And no I don't have garantee anymore.
Can I overclocking the processor or anything else?

With best regards
Febru

popalock

I've exactly the same problem. The issue is to do with the Samsung screens Microsoft used. From what I understood they are more susceptible to heat damage from the unit, ie processing-intensive tasks. Mine started only when gaming and after like 30mins or more of use. Now I get the flicker in minutes after booting up even in a cold room. Ie the more you use it the worse the flicker will get.

Microsoft eventually dumped Samsung and started using another supplier which had a more robust screen.

The only fix I'm afraid is to replace the screen I'm afraid. I tried the updating driver several different ways, and it made no difference.

popalock

the question I wanted to ask folks here is it worth trying to have a "crack" at replacing the screen? doesn't look that easy and I've read online that it's easy to mess it up.

Alternative is to sell on ebay

Club Rat

Hey, I have a problem with my Surface Pro 4. After some ours of work (only one note, VLC media player and firefox) my screen flickers a lot. It's so annoying. Can someone help me with it?
And no I don't have garantee anymore.
Can I overclocking the processor or anything else?

With best regards
Febru

I've only come across one instant with the screen flicker and I recall the fix is to replace the digitizer control modular.
Also, I believe the processors are throttled and can not be overclocked.
Removing the screen is a tedious process and they are very delicate and easy to break.
They are also precautions to be aware of which are the damage to the WiFi antenna and piercing the bond of the touch screen and LCD.
The digitizers are inexpensive.

1607784338969.png