What's new

Screen loose, cracking noise when pushing on it

jbowden

Just to the left of the infrared device at the top my screen appears loose and if I push, it cracks/pops in a good inch to inch and a half. This is on the black bezel area left of the infrared... Anyone else have this issue?

dajogejr

I have this in the bottom left corner, does not affect performance and/or usability in any way, shape or form.
I am lucky enough to have an MS Store 20 minutes away, but to be honest, I don't see the immediate need to run to them for a replacement.

melchorbcn

My fear its that ends with a screen cracking
Maybe im a little paranoic but this machine cost a lot of money, and now is a little problem but in two months for sure it become worse
Better cut ir and try again with another one.
The only that worried me its The time that I lost seting up and intalling all my stuff

alexd88

i looked closer and seems mine has this problem on the centre up, in the zone of camera infrared sensor and microphone and a little on the centre buttom ( i think in the area of camera may be normal) i also have a screen protector i will look closer to mine today to see if it is the glass screen protector or the screen.

alexd88

I have obtain a replacement for my surface. I will send it and i have to wait 8 day max(i think work days) 2 weeks. I hope the problem will be solved and on the new unit will not be screen bleed

alexd88

On the down middle of the screen is cracking when you push? Where the keyboard is attacking? Like the glue is glueing and unglued? And if i push harder near camera is cracking also.

alexd88

I have attached few photos

Attachments

• 20160107_102751.jpg
    20160107_102751.jpg
    971.5 KB · Views: 669
  • 20160107_102618.jpg
    20160107_102618.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 601
  • 20160107_102736.jpg
    20160107_102736.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 659