What's new

Screen Orentation Messed up

Hey guys, after the recent updates Patch Tuesdays, I notice that the orientation is messed up. If I start up the computer and rotate the screen to read it in portrait mode its fine. But when I want it back to landscape it wont change. So I have to restart my computer to get it back into landscape. I really don't wanna do a reinstall as I have a lot of stuff that I don't feel like reinstalling all my apps and documents and stuff.

The screen is not set to lock the orientation so that won't be the problem.

agt499

Resurrecting an older thread, as my SP3 (on 8.1 with all current updates) has tonight done exactly what thejoker1993 originally reported here.
I have checked the bleedingly obvious: Orientation lock from the Charms/Settings, as well as from Screen Resolution dialog as suggested by Liam2349.
The accelerometer sensor is working well enough that when rotated the screen does its little shrink/jiggle/grow exercise every single time, it just returns to the same orientation it had at the start.
It also detects the correct rotation on every arrival at a login prompt: if I log out it will set to the orientation I'm holding it in -it won't rotate at the login screen, but I can change orientation by logging out without rebooting.
Have tried other User accounts too, and have fully shut down etc several times with and without type cover attached.

Also tried running the MS Sensors troubleshooter cited as step 5 here : http://www.microsoft.com/surface/en...roubleshoot-surface-touchscreen-rotation#auto , with no luck. It tries to run then reports that "Scripted Diagnostics Native Host has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."

Any suggestions out there, as the next step is refresh/reload, which I'd rather avoid.

Thanks!