What's new

Screen Protector for SP3

ipaq_101

Can anyone recommend a good screen protector for the SP3? I will be using the pen and one-note functionality quite a bit.

What has been the experience for ppl with the SP2 using the self-healing screen protectors?

Any good PET film protectors, these are the best, but can also have a lot of cheap knockoffs that peel?

How about glass ones, this would look the oddest, just want to know if anyone has use them.

Last edited:

Klownicle

I really don't get the whole screen protector thing, its gorilla glass, it doesn't exactly scratch very easily. Plus with the Keyboard protecting the face, it makes it even more mute. I prefer the naked crystal clear experience. I've had a Surface Pro 1st generation since launch, and not a scratch on mine.

Screen Protectors were big when plastic was used for the face, these days everything is glass. You have to be quite ruff imho to get it scratched, and even then, any damage you get will still show up on the screen protector itself which are more susceptible to scratching than glass will ever be.

OP
ipaq_101

ipaq_101

It's a matter of habit and preference, I also like to sell my stuff and upgrade. It's not that I am rough with my devices, but when I sell it I can truly say it's in great shape. The SP4 will be here before you know it.

No one is saying you have to do it, go naked and run with the wind my friend.

cdf3

I really don't get the whole screen protector thing, its gorilla glass, it doesn't exactly scratch very easily. Plus with the Keyboard protecting the face, it makes it even more mute. I prefer the naked crystal clear experience. I've had a Surface Pro 1st generation since launch, and not a scratch on mine.

Screen Protectors were big when plastic was used for the face, these days everything is glass. You have to be quite ruff imho to get it scratched, and even then, any damage you get will still show up on the screen protector itself which are more susceptible to scratching than glass will ever be.
Gorilla Glass is scratch resistant. Not scratch proof. It's quite easy to get hairline scratches. I've gotten them on a few of my devices with Gorilla Glass, and I try to take excellent care of my devices. From then on, I've been using screen protectors.
There are times when I will flip the Type Cover keyboard backwards, and let the kickstand rest on it. I do it quite often on my Surface Pro 2. By doing so, the keyboard comes in contact with the surface it's resting on. The screen will later come in contact with the screen again when closed. Any sand or small debris can certainly make small hairline scratches on the screen.
You can also take off the keyboard and have the bottom of the keyboard on the table, and keys up. I don't like this setup because the kickstand rests on the keys. I feel it may scratch up the keyboard, or damage the keys.

Last edited:

double07

I use xtremeguard for all my electronics. Good price and excellent product. Zero bubble every install when follows instruction. 90% off with this code "huge90off2" when buy two or more. Just ordered two for my new SP3.

phillymonster

I can't believe the MS Store had no screen covers yesterday. It may have something to do with the sensitivity with the N-
trig pen.

mpf541

I use xtremeguard for all my electronics. Good price and excellent product. Zero bubble every install when follows instruction. 90% off with this code "huge90off2" when buy two or more. Just ordered two for my new SP3.

Been using bodyguards on my sp2 but can't beat the deal on this. 4.80 for a complete kit and a hi def cover. Not sure I wan't any thing but the back cover but will try it. Did not like how the stylus worked with a cover before. Will be interesting to see how the new stylus works

OP
ipaq_101

ipaq_101

Been using bodyguards on my sp2 but can't beat the deal on this. 4.80 for a complete kit and a hi def cover. Not sure I wan't any thing but the back cover but will try it. Did not like how the stylus worked with a cover before. Will be interesting to see how the new stylus works

Try a PET film protector for the input.

The self-healing ones don't work well with the pen.

joell85

Thank you so much for the tip. $6.50 is a screaming deal for two front and back covers.

lcavada

I have tried the ZAGG invisible shield as sold at Best Buy $40. Once applied the screen went crazy.....almost as though the screen was being pressed in multiple places at one time. It would bounce around and would not allow me to use SP3.

I also tried ArmorSuit Military shield as sold on Amazon $12.95. This protector is sold as HD, very clear. It is NOT. The screen became a bit darker and very grainy. It was difficult to touch/actuate any items on the screen as the protector seems to be too thick.

Any other suggestion of protectors that work?