What's new

Screen protector or not?

Plantje

I'm really happy with my Surface Pro 2017 and I am really in doubt whether or not to buy a screen protector. On my Surface 3's I have sometimes used a tempered glass screen protector. Next to the fact that they're pretty expensive I never managed to put it on there without a tiny bit of dust under it.

So, what do you think? Any experience in the hardness of the glass?

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I'm really happy with my Surface Pro 2017 and I am really in doubt whether or not to buy a screen protector. On my Surface 3's I have sometimes used a tempered glass screen protector. Next to the fact that they're pretty expensive I never managed to put it on there without a tiny bit of dust under it.

So, what do you think? Any experience in the hardness of the glass?
I personally don't use them... I've never scratched a Surface screen since I started using them in 2012....

OP
Plantje

Plantje

And of course: at some point it is a consumer product.
I have two Galaxy S8 phonrd. One is from my boss and one is private. For the private one I have a simple bumper case, but I think it is a lot uglier

skoobz

nah bruh. I have a galaxy note 8 and iPhone and they both have screen protectors because they're more likely to get scuffed by being in my pocket, or placed on a table and the only way to interact with it is by touching the screen. Sure, the Surface screen can be touched but not 100% of the time, that's what the trackpad/keyboard is for. and it's not easily scratched due to it not being pocketable and you're less likely to toss it on the table face down.

just take care of your product and don't use a key as a stylus or touch it after building a large sand castle.

OP
Plantje

Plantje

nah bruh. I have a galaxy note 8 and iPhone and they both have screen protectors because they're more likely to get scuffed by being in my pocket, or placed on a table and the only way to interact with it is by touching the screen. Sure, the Surface screen can be touched but not 100% of the time, that's what the trackpad/keyboard is for. and it's not easily scratched due to it not being pocketable and you're less likely to toss it on the table face down.

just take care of your product and don't use a key as a stylus or touch it after building a large sand castle.
That's an interesting take on the matter: protect what is heavily used and don't protect what is occasionally used.
I am taking care of my product and didn't often see scratches. Yes, on a Asus Vivotab RT, but that was a design flaw. They made it possible to detach the tablet while the lid was closed and to do that you had to press the parts together slightly...then there was a grain of sand. They admitted it was a design flaw and replaced the device (after a lot of fuzz!)
My Samsungs still look great, but in the past there have been some small scratches on my phones.

Well, I'll give it some more thought :)

Fair point!