What's new

Screen Protector?

jamesk

How many of you guys are using a screen protector on your SP? I have a type cover so I'm worried about the keys scratching the screen so I'm using a Zagg Invisible shield. But the knobs on the "F" and "J" keys leave lines on the screen protector. I know the SP have Gorilla glass but I'm hearing some people are still getting hairline scratches.

demandarin

I don't usually use them but I wanted to be extra cautious with my surface pro 128gb since its so expensive. I also have type cover. I'm using the tech armor premium quality HD clear screen protector. Works great and comes with lifetime warranty replacement. Hardly can even tell I have one on. Doesn't reduce display quality or touch responsiveness.

Amazon.com: Tech Armor Microsoft Surface PRO/RT Tablet Premium High Definition (HD) Clear Screen Protector with Lifetime Replacement Warranty [2-Pack] - Retail Packaging: Computers & Accessories

bladeguy5

I don't usually use them but I wanted to be extra cautious with my surface pro 128gb since its so expensive. I also have type cover. I'm using the tech armor premium quality HD clear screen protector. Works great and comes with lifetime warranty replacement. Hardly can even tell I have one on. Doesn't reduce display quality or touch responsiveness.

Amazon.com: Tech Armor Microsoft Surface PRO/RT Tablet Premium High Definition (HD) Clear Screen Protector with Lifetime Replacement Warranty [2-Pack] - Retail Packaging: Computers & Accessories

what about the responsiveness when using the PEN?? does it leave imprints in the protector when using the pen for notes.

Ruffles

I go back and forth on the screen protector. I usually use them - but not to protect the screen. The reason I like them is that depending on the kind (usually the anti-glare type) they make the screen very slippery so your finger glides across the screen. The trade off is that they impact screen quality. I just recently removed mine because the screen fuzziness was bugging me but I ordered a different type from Amazon so when they arrive, I'll give them a try.

demandarin

what about the responsiveness when using the PEN?? does it leave imprints in the protector when using the pen for notes.

Responsiveness is just as good as if there was no protector on it. It doesn't leave any imprints either. IMO, its a very good screen protector. Then the fact that you get lifetime warranty replacement is really good.

demandarin

I go back and forth on the screen protector. I usually use them - but not to protect the screen. The reason I like them is that depending on the kind (usually the anti-glare type) they make the screen very slippery so your finger glides across the screen. The trade off is that they impact screen quality. I just recently removed mine because the screen fuzziness was bugging me but I ordered a different type from Amazon so when they arrive, I'll give them a try.

Yeah the antiglare ones are known to reduce display quality. Some of them more than others. With the clear HD one I have, there is no loss. Can barely even tell there is one up there.

OP
J

jamesk

Yeah the antiglare ones are known to reduce display quality. Some of them more than others. With the clear HD one I have, there is no loss. Can barely even tell there is one up there.

Do you know how your Tech Amor compares with the Zagg Invisible Shield HD?

slvrdrgn123

I use the Incipio one sold at the MS store. Works great, no video quality loss, and slippery to use with the touchscreen. They have a few different types, I use the clear one now which I prefer. The self healing one was good, but it wasn't as good with video quality (a little fuzz) and not slippery, catching on your fingers easily. It was probably because of the self healing rubber.

demandarin

I got the clear HD one. not sure what you mean by is it matte also? if you mean antiglare also, then im not sure. I haven't taken my surface outdoors yet. no issues indoors. very slippery also. feels just like the glass. I keep forgetting I have one up here now. that's how good it is. never any pen or touch issues as a result of it. I use tech armor on my lg optimus G pro also. does its job well.

do you mean those kinds that are like privacy screens? where someone looking over your shoulder or from sides cant see whats on the screen