What's new

Screen protectors for SP3?

Jandar

Dry install uses peel and stick to apply the protector. Wet install, which I believe are similar to Zagg and InvisibleShield, requires the use of water to position the protector and then let it dry for a day.

vanhalo

I bought this one not knowing it was a wet screen protector type.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KI186YS/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Any reason why I couldn't just install it dry?

It also states that there is solution included but I did not receive any.

kozak79

If you get a dry install, more than likely you'll have dust under the protector. Wet install, even when there is dust in the solution, will dry flat and get rid of all air bubbles, if you follow directions. I haven't had any dust under the protector with all of my wet installs. If you do a dry install, do it the bathroom and run the shower hot for a few minutes to steam up. The steam captures most of the dust particles and you should have an easier install.

ipaq_101

I use the one below, can't tell its even on the screen and it behaves well with the pen. the other one I have tried the Xtremeguard HD PET protector and it's pure HD garbage, the cutouts are off on every piece and their pet film protector messes up your nib on the pen:

Make sure to order the normal one, the bad reviews are for the matte and blue tint ones, I stand by it as it's on my unit now:

http://www.amazon.com/iLLumiShield-Microsoft-Anti-Bubble-Anti-Fingerprint-Replacement/dp/B00KI2BD1U/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1404739144&sr=1-2&keywords=surface pro 3 screen protector

Last edited:

cdf3

I use the one below, can't tell its even on the screen and it behaves well with the pen. the other one I have tried the Xtremeguard HD PET protector and it's pure HD garbage, the cutouts are off on every piece and their pet film protector messes up your nib on the pen:

Make sure to order the normal one, the bad reviews are for the matte and blue tint ones, I stand by it as it's on my unit now:

http://www.amazon.com/iLLumiShield-Microsoft-Anti-Bubble-Anti-Fingerprint-Replacement/dp/B00KI2BD1U/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1404739144&sr=1-2&keywords=surface pro 3 screen protector

Perhaps I should give the iLLunniShield a try. I received my Xtremguard screen protectors today.
I was disappointed to see that all 3 screen protectors had a dent on the left side. They shipped it in a flimsy envelope. I'm assuming it may have gotten damaged during shipping. All other screen protectors I've ordered from other companies come in a cardboard envelope, not paper.
Took me a wile to get all of the bubbles out. I couldn't get the dent out. Can't help but notice it on the bezel of my SP3. I also couldn't get the cut out that goes around the camera to lay down flush. Has a few bubbles near the front facing camera.

ipaq_101

Perhaps I should give the iLLunniShield a try. I received my Xtremguard screen protectors today.
I was disappointed to see that all 3 screen protectors had a dent on the left side. They shipped it in a flimsy envelope. I'm assuming it may have gotten damaged during shipping. All other screen protectors I've ordered from other companies come in a cardboard envelope, not paper.
Took me a wile to get all of the bubbles out. I couldn't get the dent out. Can't help but notice it on the bezel of my SP3. I also couldn't get the cut out that goes around the camera to lay down flush. Has a few bubbles near the front facing camera.

Well you got better ones than me, mine weren't dented, but none of the pieces aligned and the cutouts are all off and it was obvious there was a screen protector on it. The iLLumishield one is cut so precisely you can't even tell it's on.

cdf3

Well you got better ones than me, mine weren't dented, but none of the pieces aligned and the cutouts are all off and it was obvious there was a screen protector on it. The iLLumishield one is cut so precisely you can't even tell it's on.
I've installed 2 out of 3 of the Xtremeguard screen protectors. I was unable to get the protector to stick near the camera cutout.
uploadfromtaptalk1404783912988.jpg

bulls96

ZAGG InvisibleShield HD. It was the only one at Best Buy marked for the SP3. It was about $35.

I might try this one out. When I buy from best buy I always try to get them to install it. I just tried to install an Armor suit screen protector and it was just bubbles it messed up my touchscreen experience even after leaving it on for over one night.

godparticle

Do these protectors affect the drawing surface much? Like, make you have to press down harder to account for the extra thickness of the protector? I'm also worried about the already questionable quality of the nib with it being so soft

ipaq_101

trust me, I have the illumnishield on, can't tell its on. I tried to take picture but its hard to tell.

btw it's a dry install and I managed to get it on with no dust, need a little steam in the bathroom and scotch tape, works great.

cdf3

trust me, I have the illumnishield on, can't tell its on. I tried to take picture but its hard to tell.

btw it's a dry install and I managed to get it on with no dust, need a little steam in the bathroom and scotch tape, works great.

I went to Amazon's website to purchase them but noticed that shipping was $8. That's a lot of money to ship screen protectors. Shipping was almost as much as the screen protectors themselves.
After searching online, I cam across their website and noticed that it was a lot cheaper.
They are $6.99 for 2, rather than $9.99 for 2 on Amazon. Shipping on their website is $2.95, rather than $8.00 on Amazon.

http://www.illumishieldstore.com/iL...archPage=1&searchRank=salesrank&searchSize=12