What's new

screen shot?

Arizona Willie

How do I take a screen shot with the Surface Pro?

There is no < print screen key >.

NEVERMIND :)

I found it.

Last edited:

J515OP

Super Moderator
For any others reading this. Windows button (on the bezel) and Vol - button at the same time.

bosamar

And if you want to post a pix to this forum using Surface RT you have to do it from the Desktop browser in compatibility mode.

OP
Arizona Willie

Arizona Willie

And when they say " at the same time " that is EXACTLY what they mean. A bit tricky. Too tricky. You can easily lose your screen shot trying to do this.

Does Windows 8 have any macro functions so we could make a key combination that will do this instead of the tricky fingerwork required now?

J515OP

Super Moderator
Actually you can hold the Windows button and then press Vol - within a couple of seconds. Shouldn't be tricky that way :)

OP
Arizona Willie

Arizona Willie

Unless IE10 is your default browser, you can't use the Metro IE anyway.
And it has to be the ugliest browser I've ever seen. Metro IE that is.
Not really much of a loss not to be able to use it.

bosamar

Unless IE10 is your default browser, you can't use the Metro IE anyway.
And it has to be the ugliest browser I've ever seen. Metro IE that is.
Not really much of a loss not to be able to use it.

I'm not sure what you mean by that. I prefer the Modern UI browser. My only gripe is I can't post a pix to this forum from it.

revbilly

And when they say " at the same time " that is EXACTLY what they mean. A bit tricky. Too tricky. You can easily lose your screen shot trying to do this.

Does Windows 8 have any macro functions so we could make a key combination that will do this instead of the tricky fingerwork required now?

I think I figured out the secret. To take a "Screen Shot" hold the Window Button First, then push the volume button. You should see the screen flash. When I press this combination at the same time my Pro says: "Starting narrator." Repeating the dual press results in "closing narrator."

J515OP

Super Moderator
I think I figured out the secret. To take a "Screen Shot" hold the Window Button First, then push the volume button. You should see the screen flash. When I press this combination at the same time my Pro says: "Starting narrator." Repeating the dual press results in "closing narrator."

It isn't the pressing timing that starts the narrator it is the combination. Windows Vol+ = narrator and Windows Vol- = screen shot. You are correct that it doesn't have to be at the same time though. Some people find it easier to hold the Windows key and then press the vol- (or vol+ if you want narrator).