What's new

Screw you Microsoft

Afy

I don't want a damn MS account as my default.
I do not like the damn fan wizzing on the pro.. never once on 8.
I don't like the stupidity in the UI.

How do I roll back?

I do not want this crap.

TeknoBlast

What's the difference when you have to use an account for an iOS or Android tablet. iOS uses an AppleID and Android uses a google account. Windows tablets uses an Outlook account. No difference from the others.

You don't have to use the UI now since you have the option to boot into the desktop. Now wasn't that easy. Meaningless anger.

OP
A

Afy

I have never used a crApple or crapAnd-droid. Hard core MS for 25+ years... and this might just move me back to Unix. BTW I scaled some of the first benchmarks for MS.. like a 1 TB Db or Cube.

In the current environment with Prism et all.. I want the damn option.

OP
A

Afy

I don't want an MS account to be my default. If not .. go fly a kite. I am moving to something else.

TeknoBlast

You need an Outlook account to download apps, even the free ones. So what I've done before, I sign in as an outlook account user, download all the apps I want, and then disconnect my MS account from Windows. now I have all the apps I want and with a local account.

oion

You need an Outlook account to download apps, even the free ones. So what I've done before, I sign in as an outlook account user, download all the apps I want, and then disconnect my MS account from Windows. now I have all the apps I want and with a local account.

Surely you mean MS account and not Outlook... since my MS account doesn't use an Outlook email address. Basically the "disconnect" will require the user to log into each MS application separately if people want the sync features, otherwise while disconnected the account will behave as a local account. Since I don't have another Win8 machine with Office 2013 applications, the sync is useless to me. I'll be going local.

Arizona Willie

Did you post this from your I-pad?

I don't want a damn MS account as my default.
I do not like the damn fan wizzing on the pro.. never once on 8.
I don't like the stupidity in the UI.

How do I roll back?

I do not want this crap.

mitchellvii

Um dude you bought a Microsoft tablet and now you are pissed it works like a Microsoft tablet? The fan running occasionally bothers you? This is a full i5 CPU in an itty bitty little tablet, it's gonna get hot. 8.1 makes things better and you think it makes them worse?

Lol, I'm harder on MS than anyone and I like 8.1. Not perfect but better than 8.

GypsyMoth

I, actually, feel your pain. I don't like having to have an apple ID, google ID. I've had the MS ID for over 10 years, retired now but back in the day it was useful for research. Back then our corporate policy required password changes monthly; as I had accounts on a significant number of development and test servers as well the standard corporate work accounts this was more than a half day activitiy- until we built account provisioning systems...

My Win8 systems use local access control only. The MS Store accepts my old MS ID just fine, but I'd rather access all the 'stores' anonymously. I simply don't trust their security.

Cheers,